• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting images from Ps back into Lr

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just sent a panorama image of 314,415,236 pixels (15 shots) to Ps for editing. Lr sent the large file to Ps no problem.

I'm finished editing in Ps and want to return the file back to Lr. I get a warning that Ps cannot export the file because it's too big. (Bottom left of the image says the file is "Doc: 1.61G/3.124G".)

My question is : how can Lr export the file but Ps cannot send the same back? If there's a fix maybe someone could share.

Thanks 

Allan Wiggins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - typo with Doc size : should read "Doc:1.61G/3.24G"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to save it as a 16 bit tiff file, have you tried reducing it to an 8-bit TIF to see if that will make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim : problem sorted I think. I went into Photoshop Preferences and made a couple of changes in the Performance tab. Managed to export a TIFF file just fine. Thanks for the reply. Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Jim - 8 bit does the job. The file comes back from Ps quickly into Lr. My worry was that the image would be degraded a tad. On the screen it looks pretty good - with no banding in the sky and clouds. I'll make a couple of A2 prints and see if there's any significant difference. Thanks. Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines