• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting images on iMac uses 1800% CPU!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Software Engineers,

I have purchased the fastest, most powerful iMac that is available. As you will know, in another thread, you have problems that mean I can no longer use adjustment brushes due to lagging, but this request is not about that - I have given up on you fixing that one.

No, this request is to ask you when exporting images from your product, please, please, please can you avoid using every core of my computer to the max. It's idiotic to do this. 

Yes, I know you want it to export as quickly as possible. But honestly, I would rather it took 30 minutes (rather than 15) if it meant I could still use my computer. When you use all the cores overloaded like this, it means I cannot use the machine at all, even the mouse stops moving. Come on, please consider your users' experiences. 

As well as being a photographer, I do offer training on software design and agile, customer-focussed software development. I woudl have though that in the whole of the US West Coast you may have experts that can help you, but I'm happy to fly over nonetheless.

thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should know that we are not Adobe on this forum. We're just other users helping each other out. If you want to reach Adobe, go to https://feedback.photoshop.com

There are actual Adobe engineers there. You will rarely see them here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was being sarcastic - I know there are no adobe engineers here. THere are also no adobe engineers availalbe when I've contacted them directly as you suggest. All I get is people that have screenshare tools but no idea what they are talking about. Like no clue. Speaking as someone that used to run a software company, it's all a bit embarassing, I can't beleive they have such poorly performing products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines