Highlighted

Exporting Photos for Print

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at exporting photos for print and cannot see any other options other than 240 DPI ??? (Am I missing something this surely cannot be correct ??)

All I can see in custom export option is small (1048). Size , long edge and full. For jpgs output.

Plus importantly we need control for the compression/ quality and colour space to add Adobe RGB, as the jpgs are always sRGB., with some compression.

Adobe I am assuming wants users to switch to the CC cloud based version but really need to give us better exporting options.  This is a major issue, has anyone got a workaround ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting Photos for Print

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at exporting photos for print and cannot see any other options other than 240 DPI ??? (Am I missing something this surely cannot be correct ??)

All I can see in custom export option is small (1048). Size , long edge and full. For jpgs output.

Plus importantly we need control for the compression/ quality and colour space to add Adobe RGB, as the jpgs are always sRGB., with some compression.

Adobe I am assuming wants users to switch to the CC cloud based version but really need to give us better exporting options.  This is a major issue, has anyone got a workaround ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DPI (or PPI) really have no bearing on the quality of the image. The digital image really has no DPI, it only has pixels per inch. For instance, a digital image that is 6000 x 4000 pixels is that size regardless of the DPI or PPI. Changing that setting isn't going to change the number of pixels in any way whatsoever. The image will always be 6000 x 4000 pixels.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2019 0
selondon LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the Export options, we’d all agree it’s very limited. You can add your vote here to a thread that already exists: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/is-lightroom-cc-a-nonprofessional-version-of-...

A Printers (or a Reprographics Company) will normally set out specifications for a Minimum DPI, the standard being 300.

However, what really matters is the correlation between the final output size and the number of pixels, or what Indesign likes to call the Effective PPI. As long as the Effective PPI is above 300 (240 in your case?), this is normally okay.

This may explain it better:

https://www.academyclass.com/graphic-design/actual-and-effective-ppi-indesign/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2019 0