• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Lightroom Classic Migration / Upload

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that numerous people are all having the same problem, but I also want to formally report that the speed of uploads in Lightroom CC is atrocious. 

I have a relatively small catalog that I migrated from Lightroom Classic consisting of about 8000 photos. Lightroom CC has been syncing for almost 3 days now (non-stop) and I would estimate that it is maybe 15 to 20 percent- and that estimate is probably overly optimistic.

I have a 100/30 mbps internet connection that is free and clear for Lightroom CC to do its thing.  At this point, I can't tell if it is just stuck on something or actually this slow.  I have tried closing/re-opening LRCC, rebooting my PC and nothing seems to improve the situation.  Task manager in Win10 says I have outgoing traffic at a rate of about 5-6mbps, which is well below the capacity of my internet connection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Hi Keiths,

We're really sorry to hear about slow syncing issue with Lightroom CC, could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom CC you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Also, could you please have a look at this thread and let us know if it helps? CC Sync is too slow!

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keiths,

We're really sorry to hear about slow syncing issue with Lightroom CC, could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom CC you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Also, could you please have a look at this thread and let us know if it helps? CC Sync is too slow!

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been in contact with a customer agent because of the extremely slow migration speeds. I have gotten the answer that migrating a catalogue of this size (8000 pics/25mb each) will normally take 20 days. That is 5.5% of my yearly Lightroom plan where it is functionally unusable (does not run in the background, cannot turn off computer). It seems from your answer that this may be wrong.

Is it really supposed to take this long? And why on earth is the migration process not designed to run in the background?

Best,

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

Is this still an issue? I started a migration from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom with my library of 1,5 Tb of photos yesterday. This is what I see:

- Some photos are shown but most are black, when clicking on them they are low quality.

- The cloudsymbol to the upper right seem to indicate that it is syncing but it only says that its calculating.

- When checking online I can see 86 photos synced and 75' in Sync issues. If I check that folder and a photo it says sync has not finshed. 

- This has not been changed the last 5 hours.

What shall I do? If I choose to close it says that migration is ongoing and it can go wrong if I end the program. 

Best regards Linus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines