Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face detection / People feature issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I have recently imported all my images (35k) to Lightroom.

Lightroom has finished syncing images and initially no people had been found at that time.

I gave it a day or two and a lot of peoples were showing now. Now a week has gone and no new people are found neither are new photos added to the already found people.

But here are my issues right now:

1 - A small amount of faces can be added using the name function under keyword. But we are talking 1% max. Most faces does not allow me to do that.

2 - When chosing an image as the cover image for the person group, it is cropped so bad in most scenarios, so sometimes I only get a part of the face even though the image is actually a 100% front image.

3 - I have no idea if it's possible to force a re-scan of the people, since it's not gone trough all images.

4 - Some "faces" found has nothing to do with faces at all, for instance a red tile roof is showing up as a person quite often.

5 - If I have like 10 similar photos of the same person taken from the front and I add a name to a single image, why on earth is that name not automatically asigned to the rest of those images?

6 - My last photo program I used was Aperture from Apple, and although VERY old, it seems it was light years ahead of Lightroom with this feature.

Is something just gone terribly wrong with my scan or is the above the Lightroom reality of face scanning feature?

Thanks for any info you might have.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well as a last thing to solve this. I turned off face detection. Closed Lightroom, restarted the computer and turned on face detection again. A couple of hours later and there are much more indexed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines