Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face recognition misses faces on many photos and I can't manually add them

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've just upgraded from an old lightroom version (6.0 back before CC).

I'm happy to see that face recognition has been added, but it feels like it's a minimal version and lacking many obvious features :

- force face detection on pictures that haven't been analysed : the pictures that I've migrated from lightroom 6.0 haven't been analysed by this version of lightroom. So all the album that I hadn't sorted by people yet are now doomed to stay that way. It seems to also be a problem for pictures I add from the mobile app and then sync with desktop

- manually identify people in pictures : the software obviously fails to identify a human face in pictures sometimes. In Lightroom 6.0 you could draw a square and tell it there was a person to identify there. Could we do this in Lightroom desktop ?

- identifying and naming people in the mobile app or web app as well. It's a rather fastidious process to validate all the faces that have been found in pictures, it would be great to be able to do it on my smartphone while in the train or in waiting rooms...

Hoping to see those added soon otherwise it feels like I lost a huge chunk of Lightroom when upgrading, even though it's now much more expensive with the monthly subscription...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trial version.  I won't buy: missing manual adding faces and smart collections.  Photo correction is fantastic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines