Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

face recognition

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

This is my first post, as I can't find a solution online.

I could really do with your help please.

I have LR 3.1 - the one that syncs in the cloud, so I can use a web base, mobile or desktop to edit my photos (sorry for the explanation, I get confused about which one I have, and what it's called .....)

My question is this:

The software has done a great job in finding all my people and I've categorised them and named them into their own albums - however, there are some photos of people (some without faces shown) that were missed and I want to add them to their album. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

One option is to right-click on an album name and set it as the target album. Then simply select the batch of thumbnails for the photos you wish to add and press the T key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon

Thanks very much for this. I'd no idea this could be done. I shall have a go.

Best wishes,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the issue of the faces not being "recognised", one thing that may be relevant is that the "People" view will only show unnamed faces if it detects at least 5 instances of what it thinks is the same face. One way to check is to select an image that has a clear face (or faces) that weren't listed in the "People" view, make sure you're in the Detail view then click on the Keywords icon bottom of the right-hand side panel. That view will show, above any keywords applied to that image, all the faces that have been recognised on that image. If there are unnamed faces on the image you can hover the cursor over the entry in the list and you will see a rectangular frame appear over the corresponding face on the image. If you know the name then you can enter it using the Add Name box. Once a face has been named, it WILL then show up in the People view even if there are less than 5 instances of that face, i.e. that minimum of 5 applies only to unnamed faces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim,

Thanks very much for this extensive reply.

I shall try this and let you know how I get on.

Best wishes,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines