Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faces not being recognized after removal from a person

New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I removed some faces from a person (my brothers face from my person) several weeks ago. Unfortunately he isn't recognized as a face anymore on any of these pictures. There is no unknown face or anything, it just looks like Lightroom doesn't think he has a face anymore.

I thought maybe the pictures will be re-scanned after some time, but nothing happened since then. Did I accidentally tell Lightroom to not scan these pictures anymore? Or is there a possibility to reinitiate the scan?

I don't have any other problems with the face recognition (apart from Lightroom grouping wildly different faces together), new pictures are scanned within a short time. Only these old ones where I removed a face are not scanned again.

Best regards!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried drawing a box on the face and naming it?

Find and organize photos of people in the People View

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible for me to 'draw boxes' on people.

Even if it would be possible, searching through all my pictures for a person and manually drawing boxes on them isn't exactly what I would expect from an "automated face regognition"..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add a name to a face, that does not have one, in Lightroom (Cloud Based) Desktop's Keyword panel.

Select on the square overlay and type the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi selondon,

the problem is, the face isn't recognized as a face anymore. When I removed the face from a person, it got completely removed. The square overlay is completely gone for this face!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Just to confirm that when you are in the Keyword Panel and hover on the face, no box appears?

I didn’t think the boxes could be deleted in the cloud based Lightroom Desktop.

Which release/version of Lightroom are you using by the way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi selondon,

confirmed - no box appears in the Keyword Panel for this person on every picture he is on since I removed his face from my person.

Just FYI: There are several unknown and known faces where I can see the box and change or add a name in the Keyword Panel, just not for him.

I don't think it should be possible to delete the boxes, because there is no way to manually tag faces or restart the search for faces [edit: also when removing, there was a message saying that the face isn't deleted, just removed from the person, and Lightroom will continue to try and match the face to another person]. But it looks like it somehow happened..

I am using Lightroom (Cloud-Based) Version 2.3 on Windows - Should be up-to-date. I also have it on my MacBook, I don't know the version right now, but it's also up-to-date and it's the same problem there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

I 'removed a person from photo' two days ago and the box was deleted, mirroring your experience.

Unnamed boxes seemed to have now re-appeared though. Are yours still missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Selondon,

yes, mine are still missing. And it has been weeks now for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another 2 weeks now - No change. Can anybody please help? This is an annoying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Patrick,

I assume all other faces in People View are displaying normally?

You also may be able to get further help on the following forum, which is monitored by the engineers (this is mainly a user to user forum):

Lightroom Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines