• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Photos NOT in an album

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my use case: I have an album named "Shared" where I store all photos I have shared on social media.

What I'd like to be able to do is to search my library for photos that are NOT in that album, so I can see what I can still share.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

If you are not using the flags generally they could be used as a method of filtering. For example go to your shared album and select all thumbnails (Ctrl+A) or shift click the first and last. Press the “P” key to add a pick flag to each. Now go to All Photos and click the filter icon to the right of the search box. Then click inside the All Photos search box and choose un-flagged.

Better still, with the filter icon active click inside the search box and then click Album. Scroll to the bottom o

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

The feature is already there. I edited my post. See image below.

NotIn.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not using the flags generally they could be used as a method of filtering. For example go to your shared album and select all thumbnails (Ctrl+A) or shift click the first and last. Press the “P” key to add a pick flag to each. Now go to All Photos and click the filter icon to the right of the search box. Then click inside the All Photos search box and choose un-flagged.

Better still, with the filter icon active click inside the search box and then click Album. Scroll to the bottom of the album list and choose “not in any album”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, that sort of works in this use case 🙂

The reason I posted this as a Feature Request is because I asked the same question on Twitter to @Lightroom and they suggested it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature is already there. I edited my post. See image below.

NotIn.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That "Not in any album" filter works when there is only the one album, but if there are multiple albums and you are trying to identify ALL images not in a single specific album, then that filter doesn't work. In that situation, and because there isn't an "Invert Selection" tool in Lightroom, you're left with the original suggestion of using the pick flags workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this feature also possible on Mobile app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need this as well. The flag solution doesn't work for me. When I add foto's to an album want the to move away so the view is clean and only shows foto's not in an album/unprocessed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nesecito recuperar un día bancario q se me borró entre noviembre y diciembre del 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines