• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File space getting too large, can I move them to another drive?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that my Lightroom , files have saved copies to my C:drive and has really eaten up space on my primary drive now up to 651 Gig of my 1TB drive and it has reduced me down to 185gb of storage left available on that drive. 

Can I safely move this to another of my three drives that has better storage space available without loosing my file access on my desktop computer? 

"Time is on my side"
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom are you using? Lightroom Classic (which stores images locally) or Lightroom desktop (which stores images in the cloud)?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the Monthly subscription to LightRoom CC and it stores on my local drives. Since submitting my question I found where others had run into the same troubles. I think that for now I have resolved my trouble by moving them to my larger drive. Thanks for your response.

"Time is on my side"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines