Highlighted

Files in Creative Cloud and Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, currently I am running Lightroom CC Classic and Lightroom CC parallel.

All my pictures are in the Creative Cloud. With Lightroom CC Classic I go directly on the Creative Cloud to administrate my pictures.

Now I started to migrate my pictures from Lightroom CC Classic to Lightroom CC in small steps.

Because I have 1TB available in the Creative Cloud, I am not sure, if  I double the needed space for the pictures by migrating to Lightroom CC.

As I wrote currently all my pictures are already in the creative Cloud, but under Lightroom CC Classic.

Does anybody know, how Adobe is organizing pictures in the Creative Cloud, if the pictures are already stored in the Cloud and just become migrated?

Does migrating in my special use-case need double space in the cloud?

Best Regrads

Hubert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Files in Creative Cloud and Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, currently I am running Lightroom CC Classic and Lightroom CC parallel.

All my pictures are in the Creative Cloud. With Lightroom CC Classic I go directly on the Creative Cloud to administrate my pictures.

Now I started to migrate my pictures from Lightroom CC Classic to Lightroom CC in small steps.

Because I have 1TB available in the Creative Cloud, I am not sure, if  I double the needed space for the pictures by migrating to Lightroom CC.

As I wrote currently all my pictures are already in the creative Cloud, but under Lightroom CC Classic.

Does anybody know, how Adobe is organizing pictures in the Creative Cloud, if the pictures are already stored in the Cloud and just become migrated?

Does migrating in my special use-case need double space in the cloud?

Best Regrads

Hubert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2019 0
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suppose Lightroom to use its own area on the cloud. You will find that space use gets doubled.

So:

If you are a lot less then 500Gb —> go ahead. If you are near to or above 500Gb: move all you files local within Lr Classic. Enter them into the Lr database.

I would assume that after the migration you edit only with Lr (not Classic).

Moving this to Lightroom — The cloud-based photo service​. I suppose the users there will give you the best advice for this.

I‘m using only Lr Classic and I will stay with Lr Classic as long as it exists.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0
Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your 1Tb consists of

Files stored in the Dropbox-like Creative Cloud folders

Originals imported into Lightroom CC

So if you have a file which is in the CC folders and import it into Lightroom CC, it will result in double the space usage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2019 1