• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Synced from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic showing up as Virtual Copies

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Cross Posted fronm Lightroom Classic forum)

Hello,

I just upgraded to the latest version of both Lightroom and Lightroom Classic.  My workflow is that I import files into Lightroom and then let those files sync over to Lightroom Classic.  However, some of the files show up as Virtual Copies in Lightroom Classic after syncing - even though they show up as normal JPG files in Lightroom.  I can't seem to figure out if there is an attribute or something that is causing this bug to happen.  I have never experienced this prior to performing the upgrades to both programs today.  Has anyone else experienced this - or is there a setting or something that I am missing?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A file can never become only a virtual copy in Lightroom Classic, because a virtual copy is a second metadata set. That means that this virtual copy must belong to a real file somewhere, maybe shown in another synced collection. The file and the virtual copy should be both in 'All Synced Photographs', and of course in 'All Photographs'.

Did you shoot RAW+JPEG perhaps? Lightroom shows these as separate files, and so you could also make separate edits. But Lightroom Classic can be set to only show the RAW file, and then I assume that the edits made to the JPEG in Lightroom could become a virtual copy of the RAW file in Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines