Highlighted

Filmstrip bug in Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Looking for some help from the community.  I tried on screenshare with adobe and they werent able to fix.

Suddenly a couple of months ago a bug appeared when I open a group of photos saved into a stack.  If I click on the the small photostrip icon at the corner of the stack the photostrip opens up normally at the bottom of the window with all the correct pictures in it.  If I single click on any picture in the photostrip the window does not change to that picture.  If I DOUBLE click on a picture in the photostrip that picture opens into single picture view.  

The problem is when I do this and the single picture opens the photostrip thumbnails change to show my entire library.  When I click on the photostrip the indvidual pictures that were in the stack I was working on change like they are supposed to, as if the stack was opened properly and the pictures in the stack are in the photostrip but with the wrong thumbnails.  The thumbs of pictures from my entire library show instead of the thumbs of the stack I'm working on but despite this just randomly clicking around the photostrip I can navigate the stack like we normally would.

Any thoughts on a fix?  I tried uninstalling (prefs saved) as well as downgrading and both options left me with the same problem.  I'm thinking I need to wipe lightroom off the computer and start from scratch but dont want to loose my structure of stacks and edits etc.

Thanks,

Mike

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Filmstrip bug in Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Looking for some help from the community.  I tried on screenshare with adobe and they werent able to fix.

Suddenly a couple of months ago a bug appeared when I open a group of photos saved into a stack.  If I click on the the small photostrip icon at the corner of the stack the photostrip opens up normally at the bottom of the window with all the correct pictures in it.  If I single click on any picture in the photostrip the window does not change to that picture.  If I DOUBLE click on a picture in the photostrip that picture opens into single picture view.  

The problem is when I do this and the single picture opens the photostrip thumbnails change to show my entire library.  When I click on the photostrip the indvidual pictures that were in the stack I was working on change like they are supposed to, as if the stack was opened properly and the pictures in the stack are in the photostrip but with the wrong thumbnails.  The thumbs of pictures from my entire library show instead of the thumbs of the stack I'm working on but despite this just randomly clicking around the photostrip I can navigate the stack like we normally would.

Any thoughts on a fix?  I tried uninstalling (prefs saved) as well as downgrading and both options left me with the same problem.  I'm thinking I need to wipe lightroom off the computer and start from scratch but dont want to loose my structure of stacks and edits etc.

Thanks,

Mike

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Adobe Community!

As you're facing an issue with the Filmstrip in Lightroom, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom you're using? You can verify the version by going to Help > System Info.

Also, what operating system are you working on?

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the issue? As it would be helpful for us to have a better understanding of the issue.

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil, I'm on Lightroom 2.3 (downgraded with adobe support when I called). OS 10.14.6. My case number is ADB-9233864-H5Y4 . Screenshot is difficult as my photo library is confidential photos

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
selondon LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you blur the photos or add a white box over them, just to see the Application interface?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines