Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter by Proof Copies

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something?

My workflow is primarily to digital, but now I'm printing more. When I have to print, the workflow is as follows:

1. Select candidates from images that have already been processed.
  2. Turn on soft-proofing and create a proof copy (because I do not want to alter my digital-ready "original").
  3. Edit the proof copy, send to print.

My problem is that I now have a library filled with edited images for both print and digital. 

It would be really useful to then be able to filter (in or out) the "proof copies". 

I currently filter by edited images and my rating to find the images I want. But now my proof copies are in the mix as well.

I know that there is a virtual copies filter, but I often make several virtual copies of the same image when working on different looks or crops. So that doesn't do the trick.

Is there a way to filter by proof copies? Or do I have to label them all as I make them? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works (but I won't mark it as the answer because someone may have a better alternative):

When you make a proof copy, the ICC profile name is used as part of the image "copy name". Therefore, you can filter on edited AND in the text attribute filter for/against a text string from the ICC profile name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines