• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filtering photos by keyword is not working correctly

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When filtering photos by keyword(s), the results contain images that have not been tagged with the selected keywords used in the filters. I'm not sure how to fix this. It makes the filtering by tags useless.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Keyword searching, using multiple keywords, is an OR search and not an AND search, i.e. you'll get results of images containing the "1955" keyword, and images containing the "Nature" keyword, but you will not get ONLY those images which contain both keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a few more details (Lightroom version, platform, operating system etc.) so amember of the community can help.

Also, do you get the same results if you type the faceted search keyword: in the search bar?

Is it possible to upload a screen grab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I'm using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, v 4.1 on a laptop with MacOS Big Sur v11.2.3.

Yes, I get the same results if I search vs using the filters. See attached images showing the results containing images that are not tagged with the keywords in the selected search or filter.

I was hoping to use Lightroom for a massive archive project, but won't be able to if the search functionality does not work reliably.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding one more image. I noticed that sometimes the filters are not working at all. See attached image. I typed in the search field '1962', and got no results. When I selected the '1962' keyword, I get 145 results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyword searching, using multiple keywords, is an OR search and not an AND search, i.e. you'll get results of images containing the "1955" keyword, and images containing the "Nature" keyword, but you will not get ONLY those images which contain both keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Is there any way to do an 'AND' search using keywords?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at the moment, but I hope that Adobe do realise that searching still needs to be improved and that they are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would be a great idea. I'm a both a Classic and CC user. As it's even impossible to sync tags between those, too, an AND search would be the minimum. I have a catalog with 100.000 photos to organize, and it's a shame that a paid software doesn't offer this basic feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines