• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filters don't work

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can´t use filters because when apply them,  the  whole picture is modified.  It doesn´t respect the selection.

Can someone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number. A Screenshot of the INFO panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem.

Are you applying Presets?

Are you using the Brush or Gradient to make a "selection"?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.- It's the last version, i don´t remenber the version of lightroom. I´m sorry but i had not been able to use the graduated and brush filters, for several months, therefore, i gave up the suscripction.

2.- The operationg systen is: Mac os Catalina V 10-15.7 (19H114)

3.- There were no error messages. You could put the mask on, you can see it, but it didn´t work, all the picture was modified.

4.- I don´t aply presets.

Another thing:

When i imported the pictures they were automatically edited. I don´t want that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know the actual version of Lightroom that you're using. There are two current versions, Lightroom Classic and Lightroom, so please do Help>System Info (as @Rob_Cullen requested in the first response), then tell us the version you are using (though if you've given up the subscription I don't see how you can be using the filters unless you are talking about the last perpetual license version, LR6?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

The problem was with Lightroom Classic. The renewal of my subscription was until 26th of this month. I no longer have it.

At some ponit i thought about unistalling the software and reinstalling it but finally y decided to terminate the suscription and the system send me a message that there is a charge of US$30 approximately...bad.

if trial software can be installed without paying for a while i would be willing to take it again, otherwise i will buy capture one.

Thanks Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was with Lightroom Classic. The renewal of my subscription was until 26th of this month. I no longer have it.

Develop Module (& maps) stops working when subscription ends! Nothing strange there.

At some ponit i thought about unistalling the software and reinstalling it but finally y decided to terminate the suscription and the system send me a message that there is a charge of US$30 approximately...bad.

You agreed to an annual subscription with charges for 'early exit'. Nothing strange there.

if trial software can be installed without paying for a while i would be willing to take it again,

Not possible.

otherwise i will buy capture one.

Your decision.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for asking this question,you are a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC - Using any filter, adjustments apply to the whole image and not just inside or outside the oval. LR and computer has been restarted, also, many months ago I unsuscribed because it´s not solution.  Two weeks ago I subscribed again but the problem remains. I need help, please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, my operating system is: macos big sur Version 11.5.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "Lightroom CC" anymore.

Please post the information you see from the MENU: Help > System Info... of your Lightroom.

What are you calling a "Filter"?  A Develop Preset? A Profile? A Brush Preset?

And the "Oval"- is that the Radial Gradient you are wanting to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of the right-hand panel of the Develop module when you have the Radial Filter active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to finally tell us the version you are using, and perhaps post a screenshot. Otherwise we can only speculate. But let me speculate anyway, because I have seen this so often. If you look at 'Effect', you will see a small triangle. That triangle toggles the visibility of all the sliders of the filter. If you have hidden the filter sliders, then you may now be changing the global sliders thinking that those are the filter sliders. And so you see the whole image change. I am typing this on my iPad, so I can't post a screenshot myself.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's where I was headed when I asked for that screenshot. I agree that will probably be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved me, Johan. That was the problem. If you come to Chile, dinner and beer will be on my own. The location of the sliders is very crazy, their location does not feel natural. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines