• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First time user - add photos is greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a university lecturer with an institutional cloud licence. I'm a heavy Premiere, Audition and InDesign user, and use a number of other Adobe packages but it's my first time using Lightroom, or trying to. I'm on a 2020 MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7 and I cannot get Lightroom to work at all. The Add Photos option is just always greyed out. It's up to date, but even when the tutorial points an animated arrow at the button and tells me to get started, there's nothing doing. Also, it keeps telling me that it can't connect to a network, even though I'm online, logged in and accessing my Adobe account details. 

Any way around this basic-but-fatal functionality flaw?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you signed in to Lightroom with the same Adobe ID and password that you are using with the other Adobe applications that you are using? Do you have any firewall restrictions that may be preventing Lightroom from sending images to the Adobe cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

thanks for taking the time - yes, same ID, and no firewall. 
Daniel 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it's an educational account, you need to contact your administrator I believe.

This is common in these type of accounts.

Asuume that it's something to do with the cloud storage aspect.

See if the Netwrok message is still there after access is /can be given.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for that - will see what our IT dept say.. 

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines