• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder not syncing from PC to mobile phone/tablet

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just synced 2 albums within a folder in Lightroom CC, but when viewing the same folder on either my tablet or mobile phone, only one of the albums shows up? The total number of photos within LR CC is the same across all devices however.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Thanks Theresa, I decided to go down the route that I feared I may have to initially, so I deleted the album, then deleted the photos themselves from "All Photos", recreated the album and added the photos back in, and everything appears to be syncing correctly now.

Photos are now showing in the album across all devices.

Side note, the album is called "sorasu.jp 2" like it was previously and everything is syncing correctly so doubt that it was a naming error?

I'm really not sure what the root cause

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems unusual if the number of items is shown as two in the desktop version.

On phone or tablet can you click the three dots to the right of the folder? Does that let you add an album?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, clicking the dots (on my phone) gives me a number of options, starting with "create album" and ending with "delete". I can create another album within that folder, and even name it the exact same name as the folder that appears on the PC version but still no sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share screen captures of each? Also what do you see when you log in at Lightroom.adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see screen captures of LR on my PC, LR web version and LR on my mobile device respectively.Lightroom1.PNGLightroom2.PNGLightroom3.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is sync fully complete in the desktop app? Have you checked for sync errors?

You can use the filter icon next to the search box to filter for sync issues.

Try leaving the desktop app open for a good while to see if anything changes:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first screen capture we can see two albums named Sorasu. The second album is not visible on the other devices. I think maybe because the album name is a duplicate. Try renaming it and see if it then shows up correctly in the other two locations.

In the last screen capture you are looking inside of the group called “Japan”. If you tap on the arrow at the top left it will take you back out to the route level view of albums. Do you see the other albums when you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@99jon, the sync is definitely complete and there are no sync errors across all devices. The message reads "synced and backed up" with a tick in a blue circle to the left of it.

I have also had the desktop app open for a god 8/10 hours over the last few days with no change.

@TheresaJ The album name is not a duplicate, not as far as i'm aware anyway? When i attempted initially to call the second album "sorasu.jp" it warned me that there was already a folder called that and suggested that I called it the name you see above. I declined that but then went on to call it "sorasu.jp 2" anyway and that appeared to be fine. The 2 is not a duplicate name, it's the numbering scheme I chose for these albums. I will attempt to call it something different anyway and see if that makes a difference?

On the mobile app, coming back out of "Japan" shows all the other albums I currently have, from  "Berlin 2018" to "Manchester", all of those albums have synced correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried your suggestion Theresa, I renamed "sorasu.jp 2" to "sorasu.jp 2nd" and the album showed up on my phone, but the number of photos inside the album was 0. I then changed the name back to "sorasu.jp 2" and the album stayed there but still the number of photos was 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen this happen before. I don’t know for sure but it really feels like this happened because of the name. I would avoid using periods “.” in album names. Possibly that is what caused the conflict. Did you log into Lightroom on the web at lightroom.adobe.com. What do you see there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Theresa, I decided to go down the route that I feared I may have to initially, so I deleted the album, then deleted the photos themselves from "All Photos", recreated the album and added the photos back in, and everything appears to be syncing correctly now.

Photos are now showing in the album across all devices.

Side note, the album is called "sorasu.jp 2" like it was previously and everything is syncing correctly so doubt that it was a naming error?

I'm really not sure what the root cause of this actually was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you got it fixed but sorry you had to take the long road to get there. You probably could have just deleted the album without deleting the images. Then you could have created a new album and added the photos from the All Photos collection.

I also recommend using Lightroom on the web to confirm exactly what's going on with your Lightroom catalog. I think of Lightroom on the web as the "master" view. It's good to take a look there occasionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines