• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder structure is lost when importing from LR catalog (LR 6.14) to LR !?

New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I made the switch from Lightroom 6.14 to LR (cloud-based) today. When migrating the LR catalog, all photos were imported, but the folder structure I used is completely missing. Without a folder structure, however, I cannot work with my pictures meaningfully 😕

In addition, LR 6.14 can no longer be started (or found in Windows) although I have not uninstalled it.

Is it somehow possible to get the folder structure as I had in the new LR?

thank you in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported each year (25 albums per year) as a separate catalog out of Classic, and imported into Cloudy separately, creating a new Year folder in Cloudy before the next import. So about 20 migrations for 500 albums, but my Classic structure is recreated in Cloudy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you may/may not have found out, you need to create Collections from Folders prior to Migration 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In other words, it is not possible to have the same folder structure as you had in Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines