Highlighted

Folders lost after upgrade from Lightroom to Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Lightroom in my Mac for years and got a Lightroom CC subscription today. I have imported the LR catalog and all files (50,000). But now the orginal folder structure is gone, i.e. not visible. I hope this is not true! How can I get my folder structure back and visible within Lightroom CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Folders lost after upgrade from Lightroom to Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Lightroom in my Mac for years and got a Lightroom CC subscription today. I have imported the LR catalog and all files (50,000). But now the orginal folder structure is gone, i.e. not visible. I hope this is not true! How can I get my folder structure back and visible within Lightroom CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to the FAQ and preparations for migration:

Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As indicated in the link on that Jon posted, to retain the folder structure, you need to create Collections from them (either drag them into Collections or Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (macOS) and choose Create Collections From Selected Folders)

I think your only option is to clear the migrated photos from the Cloud and re-migrate, but I think you would have to rename the migrated Catalog (as a Catalog can only be migrated once**)

**unless you either delete, move or rename (just as a backup) Lightroom Library.lrlibrary in Pictures folder on Mac and in Username\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC on Windows. Although check that any other photos, for instance Mobile Uploads are backed up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jao_vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Important to realize that Lightroom CC contrary to Lightroom Classic (i.e. what you were used to) does NOT use a folder structure. All files are stored in the cloud and not in a folder structure. The trick described above creates a album structure that mimics the old folder structure. It does not get you an actual folder structure. If you want a folder structure on your local hard disk, you should not use Lightroom CC but use Lightroom Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines