• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders within Albums

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to Lightroom CC.  Trying to better understand file management.  I understand the process of creating Albums.  What I want to know is; can I create subfolders within these Albums?  For example, if I create an Album I name "vacation 2020" can I create subfolders within that Album for each different location?  Thanks for all help and suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the other way around. Folders can contain albums (and subfolders) but not the other way around. Albums can contain images. An image can be in multiple albums.

P.S. this is not file management. Think of albums more like "playlists" in a Music app. Lightroom cloudy stores all the images in the cloud in an organization that has no relation to the album structure. Albums and folders are ways to organize references to these images but images don't need to be in an album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines