• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Assign People tags to pictures that were missed

LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the indexing has been completed and Lightroom CC has found all the potential faces, it would be nice to have the ability to add People Tags to pictures that were "missed" where no faces were recognized.  The idea of People Tags is to be able to search for people and generate all potential results.  Right now it's messy because you have to resort to keyword tags to identify people that were missed with facial recognition and makes searching and cataloging a tedious task.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Just to wade in here to support Rikk and Victoria -- I am a Product Manager on the Lightroom team.  We work with Rikk to review this forum including feature requests.  We definitely hear you that we can make improvements both in the face detection tech as well as supporting manual face selection.  We do use the feedback and votes to help determine our priorities, so please know that you are being listened to.  

Additionally, I guess when we migrated forum data, we ended up marking some feature

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 175 Replies 175
175 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm organizing a photo collection using lightroom Cloud for my business and find it infuriating I can't manually add a face tag for staff. While coming to grips with using Lightroom, I accidentally deleted a lot face data for photos of one staff member and now the People section only has them in 4 photos. Why can't I fix this? The lack of fine-grain manual control is hardly user friendly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The inability to manually add a face is such a strange omission from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a developer, I don't see why it would take any significant amount of time or effort to let a user manually add faces (they can already be added automatically, the data model is there, just let users add to it).

I have really been thinking of moving to another application as this feature is still not implemented or even under consideration after two years. This is likely a product decision to keep the application "simple"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I get the great idea that the facial recognition is and truly it is something I want improved but I agree with everyone else -

Especially with corona hitting but still being out taking pictures of people just now having them in masks I need the ability to manually tag people!

I feel like improved facial recognition is a complete cop-out for not incorporating a necessary feature!! No matter how great facial recognition gets there will always be those photos I want to tag a person in whose face for one reason or another is unavailable/unrecognizable! Like previous people pointed out shots where the person is walking away or is wearing a mask of some sort do not have a face for facial recognition to work with but still should be able to be tagged to the person!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add/edit/assign face information for  each photo in Lightroom would be great. 

Lr often fails to recognize same person's face information if a photograph is taken in a different condition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had just decided on Lightroom as my standard photo organization app and am getting to learn all the features as we speak. I came across this issue, where a slightly turned-away face was not detected, I was certain I would be able to simply add the face (like any other photo application with facial-detection I have previously come across!)

But no, I must say the lacking response from Adobe on such a simple feature request is absolutely horrendous. 

I'm glad I never got further than the free trial. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just sadly disappointing that we can't manually tag faces. Seriously, what is Adobe thinking? I've been using their software for over 10 years and this is yet another massive drop of customer service, that they keep pushing our prices up to have access for... Come on team. Get your act together please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like it would be so easy to add and is such a big omission. I have so many pics of my kids where they aren't quite facing the camera so it doesn't tag them. I'm now thinking I will have to abandon the people function all together and just use keywords for people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk why would you change this from "problem" to "idea"? This is not a feature request, this is a bug. 

As stated by many others, improved facial recognition will never function well enough to not implement this feature? What makes you guys think that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*elsa Don't worry too much about Adobe's nomenclature. Bug vs. FR is just whether something is not working the way it was designed (bug) or whether the design needs to be improved to work better (feature). In this case, manually assigning people tags goes beyond the original design spec, but that doesn't mean it's any less important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the point I was trying to make. How can omitting the ability to manually tag a face be a design choice? Lacking this makes the peoples feature so non-functional it should be considered, and prioritized, as nothing else than a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, Adobe Team,

People around the world have been wearing masks for 9 months, rendering facial recognition useless. Manual tagging is now essential. What are you doing to address the issue?

Rikk, your bio title is "Quality Engineering - Customer Advocacy". Emphasis on customer advocacy, which has been nonexistent on this thread. Paying customers deserve to be heard.

Daniel Jeffries

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.  Not being able to manually add missed faces is a major reason I'm forced to use Classic.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could live with Classic not synching faces with CC if CC had the ability to manually tag faces. It does not so I have to stick with Classic even though I like CC better and want to use Sensei

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call it a bad decision, whatever, just add it to the next version or you're gonna lose subscribers

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Rikk, Adobe, it’s time you start listening to paying customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Rikk, Adobe, it’s time you start listening to paying customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this would be really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many photos in LR where no face is recognized.  No little boxes around the face so I don't have the ability to add a name to the face.  Some of the photos simply have one person with a simple background and the face is clearly visible but LR doesn't recognize it as a face.

We really need the ability to manually identify a face in the photo and to add the person tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom fails to recognize people on a fairly random basis.   Sometimes it can see every face in a group photo of 40 people, other times in does not recognise a face in a single close up portrait.    And this is when the person appears many more times than 5 in the collection.  The problem is if the app doesn't see a face (as a face) in an image you cannot add a people tag manually.    I see that many other users have complained about this - when will it be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now February 2021 and this functionality still missing. Is there an update to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really want to manually add Face tags too....   this would be a very handy and useful feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amusing to see comments from 2yrs ago on this issue...with absolutely no progress. I just spent an hour with LR Level 2 support (unaware of this thread) and he confirmed the Lightroom CC is really not where Adobe is going so don't hold breath waiting for the manual people square capability. Preaching to the choir but that people square functionality exists in LR Classic, so it's absurd to claim that it's not important. It was important 10 years ago it's important now. More importantly the Level 2 guy intimated that this feature is NEVER COMING, because adobe isn't investing in the Cloud/desktop application. I (and apparently many of you here) were thinking Adobe LR was moving to cloud, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Seems like we are all stuck with desktop (and no robust people ID) for another 10 years.

As an aside Google Photos has the best people recognition, but of course that breaks the entire management workflow. Conceivable for an event, one can pour 20K photos into Google, have it do the ID, and then put a slideshow/etc there.  Extremely awkward but it turns out that Lightroom is only minimally in the modern era of face recognition in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be an enormous help!

Votes

Translate

Translate