Highlighted

Force Face Recognition in Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all know Lightroom CC is not a new version of Lightroom Classic.  But I have an issue I am sure others have seen.

In lightoom classic, I could force Lightroom to recognize a face by drawing a square around that face and specifying the label.  Lightroom knew, therefore, that this was a "people" keyword.

Lightroom CC does not have this option.  I know there are new things coming but why add the People feature like they have without adding this ability.  Or at lease recognize a keyword as a "people" keyword?  As it is now, I have thousands of pics with people recognized as such and many where faces are not recognized.  So if Lightroom CC recognizes one person as "So and So" in one pic but doesn't even see that person as a face in another photo, I can only add that as a Keyword and that person will never shop as being one in People.   I know I can do a search for "so and so: and get both, but what good is a People feature if I have to split the two? Even if it doesn't allow me to draw a square around that face, why cant I at least specify the keyword as a "people keyword" so that picture at least gets categorized with the other, recognized photos?   Everything else about Lightroom CC  so far has been good for me.  I don't miss many of the Classic Features.  But this deficiency in CC drives me bonkers! 

Try this to test.  Go into any picture and give it the same keyword as one of your people.  Also give it a keyword specific to that pic only, Kile "Here it is."  So, if lightroom recognizes that pic as a People-pic because that same string of letters is used as a people-pic, you should be able to go into that People grouping and find within that group "Here it is."  But it never gets into that grouping. So People feature is incomplete.

And here's the kicker.  Say I do due diligence and add these keywords anyway.  Will a later version update automagically change them to people Keywords?  I dont think so.  So again, this makes the People feature incomplete.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Force Face Recognition in Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all know Lightroom CC is not a new version of Lightroom Classic.  But I have an issue I am sure others have seen.

In lightoom classic, I could force Lightroom to recognize a face by drawing a square around that face and specifying the label.  Lightroom knew, therefore, that this was a "people" keyword.

Lightroom CC does not have this option.  I know there are new things coming but why add the People feature like they have without adding this ability.  Or at lease recognize a keyword as a "people" keyword?  As it is now, I have thousands of pics with people recognized as such and many where faces are not recognized.  So if Lightroom CC recognizes one person as "So and So" in one pic but doesn't even see that person as a face in another photo, I can only add that as a Keyword and that person will never shop as being one in People.   I know I can do a search for "so and so: and get both, but what good is a People feature if I have to split the two? Even if it doesn't allow me to draw a square around that face, why cant I at least specify the keyword as a "people keyword" so that picture at least gets categorized with the other, recognized photos?   Everything else about Lightroom CC  so far has been good for me.  I don't miss many of the Classic Features.  But this deficiency in CC drives me bonkers! 

Try this to test.  Go into any picture and give it the same keyword as one of your people.  Also give it a keyword specific to that pic only, Kile "Here it is."  So, if lightroom recognizes that pic as a People-pic because that same string of letters is used as a people-pic, you should be able to go into that People grouping and find within that group "Here it is."  But it never gets into that grouping. So People feature is incomplete.

And here's the kicker.  Say I do due diligence and add these keywords anyway.  Will a later version update automagically change them to people Keywords?  I dont think so.  So again, this makes the People feature incomplete.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 01, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+100. I'm looking at the album of photos from my wedding, and Lightroom seems to be at most about 60% accurate at determining that a face exists in candid photos. This wouldn't be a problem if I could add the square to highlight their face (or as mentioned, at least tag with people instead of keywords). This is a pretty basic feature, so I'm surprised that Lightroom PM haven't jumped in here to say that it's on the roadmap...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2019 4
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Add ability to manually tag faces in Lightroom CC

Automatic Facial Recognition is great. But misses faces on many pictures. I want to be able to manually add face-tags by placing a square over the person's face and adding a name. It should then appear in the list of named faces, as if it had been auto-tagged.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2019 6
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...the original post here is from 2018. it's May 2020 now. Is there still no upgrade that includes this fix? 

it is very frustrating the randomness with which Lr either finds or misses what is a face. Is anyone listening? Please add this feature back. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 2