• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Assign People tags to pictures that were missed

LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the indexing has been completed and Lightroom CC has found all the potential faces, it would be nice to have the ability to add People Tags to pictures that were "missed" where no faces were recognized.  The idea of People Tags is to be able to search for people and generate all potential results.  Right now it's messy because you have to resort to keyword tags to identify people that were missed with facial recognition and makes searching and cataloging a tedious task.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Just to wade in here to support Rikk and Victoria -- I am a Product Manager on the Lightroom team.  We work with Rikk to review this forum including feature requests.  We definitely hear you that we can make improvements both in the face detection tech as well as supporting manual face selection.  We do use the feedback and votes to help determine our priorities, so please know that you are being listened to.  

Additionally, I guess when we migrated forum data, we ended up marking some feature

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 175 Replies 175
175 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all know Lightroom CC is not a new version of Lightroom Classic.  But I have an issue I am sure others have seen.

In lightoom classic, I could force Lightroom to recognize a face by drawing a square around that face and specifying the label.  Lightroom knew, therefore, that this was a "people" keyword.

Lightroom CC does not have this option.  I know there are new things coming but why add the People feature like they have without adding this ability.  Or at lease recognize a keyword as a "people" keyword?  As it is now, I have thousands of pics with people recognized as such and many where faces are not recognized.  So if Lightroom CC recognizes one person as "So and So" in one pic but doesn't even see that person as a face in another photo, I can only add that as a Keyword and that person will never shop as being one in People.   I know I can do a search for "so and so: and get both, but what good is a People feature if I have to split the two? Even if it doesn't allow me to draw a square around that face, why cant I at least specify the keyword as a "people keyword" so that picture at least gets categorized with the other, recognized photos?   Everything else about Lightroom CC  so far has been good for me.  I don't miss many of the Classic Features.  But this deficiency in CC drives me bonkers! 

Try this to test.  Go into any picture and give it the same keyword as one of your people.  Also give it a keyword specific to that pic only, Kile "Here it is."  So, if lightroom recognizes that pic as a People-pic because that same string of letters is used as a people-pic, you should be able to go into that People grouping and find within that group "Here it is."  But it never gets into that grouping. So People feature is incomplete.

And here's the kicker.  Say I do due diligence and add these keywords anyway.  Will a later version update automagically change them to people Keywords?  I dont think so.  So again, this makes the People feature incomplete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+100. I'm looking at the album of photos from my wedding, and Lightroom seems to be at most about 60% accurate at determining that a face exists in candid photos. This wouldn't be a problem if I could add the square to highlight their face (or as mentioned, at least tag with people instead of keywords). This is a pretty basic feature, so I'm surprised that Lightroom PM haven't jumped in here to say that it's on the roadmap...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Add ability to manually tag faces in Lightroom CC

Automatic Facial Recognition is great. But misses faces on many pictures. I want to be able to manually add face-tags by placing a square over the person's face and adding a name. It should then appear in the list of named faces, as if it had been auto-tagged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I'm having the same issue. After moving from classic version to cloud version, lack of the ability to tag unrecognized faces is a big negative. Adobe please add this soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some photos where facial recognition has not picked up a person - how do I add this 'person' tag?  It cannot be done unless Lightroom has picked up a face and if it is crooked, etc, it won't be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. I got a collection on my main computer - where I use Lightroom CC Classic. I scanned a whole bunch of photos and wanted to use Lightroom CC on my tablet or mobile to bring along to family to aid in ID'ing people in the photos. But I've been unable to tag faces that haven't been recognised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way - is this still correct? https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/faces-in-classic-vs-people-in-mobile.36149/

That People don't sync between Classic and Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's still correct. Adobe "froze" the Lightroom Classic sync features in Nov 2017 when they announced their new focus on LR CC as the cloud-app and Classic as desktop-focused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they not trying to make them talk together properly? To me it seems like they are so very close to being very useful companions. Having Classic on my main machine while syncing photos to Cloud where I can make adjustments and meta data updates via mobile/tablet/laptop while in the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially, no. Classic's retained its earlier experiments with sync, and they're continuing to support that existing Classic/mobile workflow, but they're not expanding it. CC is rapidly growing into a far better tool to use as a cloud client.

I'm not thrilled about the choice, but I understand why they've made that choice. Folder-based vs. cloud sync are very different concepts, and when you try to cross over, both the cloud and the local file system want to be "in control" of the photos. It's a messy situation. Whereas when you have a cloud client like CC, the cloud is the central repository.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trouble is that I don't feel I can use the Cloud client - still lacking features. And having all my photos stored in Cloud - eating up the GBs quickly with RAW files.

Hope things will improve in either end. Either Classic speaks better with Cloud, or the Cloud client can offer the same functionality as Classic.

Right now it seems as though whatever workflow path I choose I must sacrifice some useful features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's a tricky crossover time. CC is adding features at a very good pace, but Classic has many year's head start. It'll be worth searching (here) for the features you're missing and adding your vote, as that does help to determine priorities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tagging people manually when they're missed by the algorithm would be very helpful. Otherwise the "people search function" is kind of incomplete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Lightroom CC 2.1.1
adding a face manually is still impossible
please make it quickly as Lightroom classic
you can see on the screenshot that only one face is recognized
1 need 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really miss the ability to manually add people to photos. And related to this I also miss the ability to tag people in videos. I really wish you would add this feature to Lightroom (Cloudbased).

Until then I allways have to import images to classic, then tag all people, before exporting the classic catalog before migrating the catalog into lightroom (cloudbased).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe developers, things like these are more important than creating more and more interactive tutorials (majority of several latest changelogs) Please. Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I may add myself to the list of people who are subscribed to this service and would like to see this feature request prioritized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an absolute must for me. The tagging in Lightroom CC is generally worse than Classic but the inability to add people tags is a deal breaker.  I love having CC on all my devices and my photos in the cloud but I'm really struggling with this one aspect.  Looking forward to seeing it fixed.  Can it really be that hard for Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. This would be a high priority feature for me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I brought up this issue over a year ago, Adobe has done almost nothing with this software except for adding tutorials and support for new cameras.  For this reason, I've decided to move on from Lightroom CC, I feel like I'm paying a premium and not getting a premium in return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a better cloud-based substitute for LR that allows manual tagging of people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've switched to Mylio.  It is not truly cloud based, but it allows you to have as many "vaults" as you want, meaning those are full resolution backups, while other devices have compressed versions if you are worried about space.  I still have my library synced to all my devices, have the very basic editing and fantastic tagging and face recognition tool that allows to manually tag faces as well.  It's $20 cheaper if you pay for 1 year at a time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting!  Thanks for that. Looks like LR will lose customers due to inattention to this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this is not currently planned, we understand the issue.  Our first priority is to further improve the detection of faces so that there is less need to manually tag them. Please continue to give us feedback and make sure you are hitting [Me Too] button up top. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate