Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From DNG RAW to JPG in the cloud

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am currently using Lightroom classic and have done so for years. Since a Macbook Pro has limited storage the last couple of years I have been working from network drives which is not optimal. Therefore I'm thinking about moving everything to the cloud by using Lightroom (CC). I tested it and it works fine for my purposes. However, during the years I created a huge collection of RAW photo's, of which many I don't really need anymore. The exported jpg's would be fine too (which I don't have exported yet though).

These are photo's from birthday parties etc that are not nice enough to have in RAW, but are important enough to keep. However, I tried converting and re-importing them in Lightroom classic but that takes a hell lot of time. I rather just import everything into the cloud (will just fit for now) and from there convert them to jpgs. Is that possible in an easy way? By just clicking a photo, choose 'convert to jpg and remove raw' and be done simply stated? This would save some space so I can stick to the 1TB option for the coming years. From what I could find I can only do it manually like I'm doing now, so I hope I'm missing something..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't make sense to import everything to the cloud first, and then convert to jpeg. The conversion from Lightroom requires an export back to your drive, and then you'd have to import it again. You are better off exporting everything from Lightroom Classic first, then importing those files to Lightroom cloud. You can quickly export an entire folder or collection of raw images from Classic to jpeg. This should go fast because you don't have to do it one image at a time. The exported images don't need to be imported back into Classic. When you are done exporting everything you want to keep, just import those photos from the hard drive into Lightroom. You can delete them from your drive after they finish syncing to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok thank you. I was just hoping Lightroom (non-classic) had a faster option, but unfortunately not. You have a good point with not re-importing the jpg's to classic, though for some photo's I do want to keep the RAW versions, so that makes it a bit more difficult. Anyway, let's get to work ;-). Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines