• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Lightroom 6 to Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6 installed on my computer. What happens with the fotos if I buy Lightroom CC. Shall I do something special?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Lightroom is quite different from the Lightroom you have been using. The feature set is different, and some of the features you are accustomed to using are missing. In order to include the images you have been using it will be necessary for you to install the trial version of Lightroom Classic long enough to upgrade your catalog so that it's compatible with Lightroom. That is necessary in order to migrate the images to the cloud. After you have allowed Lightroom Classic to convert the catalog yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, there is NO Lightroom CC. There is Lightroom Classic, which functions much like Lightroom 6, utilizes a local catalog, stores images locally on your computer's hard drive, but adds many new features. Then there is Lightroom, the version that stores all your images in the cloud. Which version are you interested in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interestet in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I currently have LightRomm 6 (OS Hight Sierra) and am interested in going to lightroom classic.

Do you know where I can download it?

(I'm lost in all these versions)

Ps: translate with google, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

I currently have LightRomm 6 (OS Hight Sierra) and am interested in going to lightroom classic.

Do you know where I can download it?

(I'm lost in all these versions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is quite different from the Lightroom you have been using. The feature set is different, and some of the features you are accustomed to using are missing. In order to include the images you have been using it will be necessary for you to install the trial version of Lightroom Classic long enough to upgrade your catalog so that it's compatible with Lightroom. That is necessary in order to migrate the images to the cloud. After you have allowed Lightroom Classic to convert the catalog you can uninstall Lightroom Classic and proceed with the migration.

Beyond that, I can't give you a lot of information because I am primarily a Lightroom Classic user. I'm sure there are others who can provide you with a better perspective.

I will say that Lightroom organizes your images quite differently. They will not be organized in the folder structure that you are accustomed to. They will instead be organized by date. And instead of using collections you will be able to organize them into albums. It takes a little getting used to, but those who like the Lightroom system seem to adapt to it quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your good information. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines