• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Client commenting, rating and liking collections without Adobe ID

LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow clients with no Adobe ID to comment, like and rate Lightroom Mobile Collections. The un-logged in client access needs to be limited to a small number of features to allow clients to interact with their photographer over progress of work and providing feedback.

Only major missing feature from LR in my opinion.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
31 Comments
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this! Why can't I share a link to my collection via Lightroom Mobile, then send it to others whom I would like to help me rate the photos? And why can't they see the star ratings via the Lightroom Mobile shared collection link? I would think this feature is essential for collaborating and sharing collections online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allowing users without an Adobe ID to like and comment via their Google or Facebook account would be also very helpful. Anonymous liking and commenting should only be allowed optionally and not by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would also be nice to be able to get comments and likes from LR mobile users without an Adobe ID.THe need for an Adobe ID often keeps customers or friends form using this features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my number one question asked by customers when I use lightroom mobile as a proofing album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A vision for Lightroom Mobile is to do a teathered Studio Shoot and to send selected images to a client using "Make Public" which provides a unique URL which may be emailed to a client for his viewing  on his own Laptop or tablet, and comment.  The process works perfectly until the client wants to comment on one or more images.  When the client clicks on the "comment" or "Like" icons, he is immediately asked for his Adobe ID and Password, or to Register for an Adobe ID.  I can't imagine a client wanting to do this unless he already has an Adobe ID.  The client in all probability isn't even aware of Adobe.  The only rationale I see for asking for an Adobe ID is to identify who is returning the comment.  Why not just ask for the client's name and email address (which you know since you sent the link to him via emil), which should be sufficient to identify him.  Without this change I view this vision for Lightroom Mobile as a failure.

Can this be implemented in a future update?

Kent Messamore

k.messamore@comcast.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 
as reply to the other topic, I'm working on Evlaa so simplify this workflow and allow you to have a very easy way to have the selection of photos with your client. 

Please, check out Evlaa and let me know what you think about. 
Happy to talk. 
Cheers 
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something here? I recently made a public collection of photos so that my friends could leave comments on their favourite photos. Is it right that you can't leave a comment or like a photo unless you have your own Adobe login? This seems stupid. What if I was to send this link to a client to proof my photos for me and they can't give any feedback because they don't have an Adobe login. So ... am I missing something here? None of my friends or family can do anything without being asked to login?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that Adobe Revel (pretty much Lightroom Mobile's predecessor) didn't require an Adobe ID to comment on Shared Albums. I may be wrong though.

If I am not, it would be nice for this feature with Shared Collections to act like Revel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this purpose i created a second adobe id and send the credentials with the invitation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I am still new with Lightroom CC but so far I understood it is a great tool to share pictures with other people.

When I take corporate portraits I need my client to select the portraits they like the most before I start with the post-production. I would like to use Lightroom CC for this, just send the link of my online gallery to my client, and that they can mark the ones they like and even give feedback if there's any remark to do.

Is that possible? I see it asks to sign in as Adobe member to be able to interact with the online gallery, is that true? I cannot ask my clients to become member of Adobe, does that mean that Lightroom CC cannot help me with this?

Thanks very much.

Estíbalitz

Your post moved from Adobe Experience Cloud to Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service [Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to Lightroom.adobe.com and sign in and create a link to the photos there that you can send to your client. Would that work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JimHess,

thanks for your reply. Though that still doesn't solve that if my clients do not have an Adobe account (consequently, they cannot sign in) they cannot give me any feedback or even select (using the likes heart) from my albums. In that case they will have to send me an email with the numbers of those photos that they select. But this is a bit of a clumsy system and for that I am already using another website.

The idea is that like in Facebook, they can open my galleries and click/like the ones they want me to work on, and if necessary leave a comment.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't need an account. If you choose to share the album on that website and send the link to your client, all they have to do is click on the link and they can look at the images. They don't have to login or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they cannot like the pictures, can they? without logging in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't even tried it, have you? Yes, they can like the images, and they can comment on them. Why don't you try creating a link and send the link to yourself or someone that you can just go and evaluate what can be seen and done with the link and experiment a little bit and find out for yourself what can be done. If you don't like what is available there and forget about it. But I think it will do what you are trying to accomplish. If I'm wrong then I apologize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I don't believe the client can like/comment without signing in with an Adobe ID. Yes, they can view the images without one, but can't like/comment without one.

Though to be honest I don't understand the reluctance to suggest the client creates an Adobe ID.....what's the difference to sharing via Facebook, where the client would need a Facebook account to even view them, let alone comment on them? However, I also believe it is possible to sign-up to Adobe via an existing Facebook or Google ID, so no need for the client to visit Adobe.com to sign-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so if I send a link to myself and click on that link the reason I can like a photo and write a comment is because I have an Adobe ID, even though I didn't have to sign in or anything to look at the images. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

if I post a question on a public forum is because I did try all the steps possible and experimented myself. That's how I found out liking and commenting was not an option if you don't have an Adobe ID, and by the answers I get, I can confirm that, thanks.

I do not work with Facebook, never for business, but I do have another system with professional online galleries that I can share with my clients, I might keep working with that till Lightroom CC gives the options I need.

Thanks for your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Now sign out and have a look at the album again. If you try to like or comment it will ask you to sign in. And that's what I don't want my clients to encounter. After all I will only be sharing the album with them, so they should be able to like and comment without having an account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me that what a company could do is create an Adobe ID and password that they use exclusively for the purpose of providing access to previews on the web. Send the ID and password along with the link and instructions on how to login. Same ID and password, but only a link to the one collection that they are supposed to see. Just thinking, and wondering why that wouldn't work. After the preview time has passed the collection could be removed and the ID and password wouldn't be good for anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good idea but still too much effort for my clients, I am sure they would appreciate a faster system.

Thanks for all your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Customer Support services are Adobe Digital Editions, Adobe Flash Player, Shockwave, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Acrobat etc. We are available 24/7 for online support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I use Lightroom in mobile, It is working well no any error I give 5 Star ratings to Lightroom. With the help of Lightroom, we can simply be capturing, editing and sharing our photos with social media and friends also. but from some days I am not able to capture my photos with Lightroom this error makes me irritate my camera open and suddenly shutting down. I am following the given Adobe Phone Number to resolve my problem. if anyone has problem-related to lightroom contact Adobe Phone Number. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for the feedback. You can create a feature request here: Lightroom CC for Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Our engineers monitor these forums and take into consideration requests like yours for future updates.

Best,

Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its ridiculous to expect people to get an Adobe Id just to comment on or like a photo. Also how does this stand in relation to GDPR?

Votes

Translate

Translate