• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GoPro Images in Shared Album have File Name Showing

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported some jpeg images from my GoPro Hero 8 Black. After some modest edits I added them to a shared album. When viewed in a web browser a file name appears at the top of each image. I don't see this when I view or edit the same picture in Lightroom. How do I remove these file names?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you viewing....through your own Lr Web application, or just as a user would access the album via the shared link? In either case I would not expect to see filenames appear above the image, but I would expect to see the album name...but only when viewing via the shared link. What device type are you viewing on? Depending on the device type (and orientation) it is possible that the album name is displayed on the image itself, not above it.

Perhaps post a screenshot of what you are seeing to see if that offers any clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm viewing in a web browser using the shared link My Shared Album

I can see the filename under each picture when I view using either Chrome or Firefox browsers on my PC.  When I view using Safari on my iPhone using the slide show feature the filename is on top of each of the images. If you have a look at the album the first two images are from my GoPro. The third was taken using my Sony RX10M4.  It does not have a filename.  I can't figure out how to get rid of the filename of the GoPro images (which doesn't show when I view or edit them in Lightroom BTW).  I can't figure out where to even see them in LR.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's displaying the filename, I think in that particular display mode that you've selected Lightroom displays what's in the image's caption field....so that would suggest that the GoPro includes the filename in the caption field. To check that, login to your account in the Web app, i.e. not by using the shared album link, and check the Info panel for those images to see if indeed the filename appears in the Caption field.

You can stop that being displayed by using a different display option....there are three different options that you can select in the "Display" mode, only the last one will display the caption field so selecting one of the others should eliminate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that.  I'll try the other display options.  And I just discovered I can delete the caption in LR 🙂  Dang its hard being a novice!

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines