• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grain / noise on CR3 photos from Canon R5

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I notice high levels of grain/noise in photos with low ISO settings (100-125). Compared to Other editors/viewers its quite bad, resulting in soft photos. (Not optimal sharp). I found multiple boards with the same problem,  Is there a fix for this problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao,

If you haven't already done so, have a look at your forum mail box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Ian who shared some R5 images with me it is clear that the images in Lightroom and Lightroom Classic are showing the amount of noise that is actually present in the files and that is dictated by basic physics. It is exactly as much as you expect from a high megapixel modern camera. The DPP rendering is way overly aggressive in noise reduction and is losing a lot of detail in the process. That is fairly typical for software from camera vendors who don't want customers to think there is any noise in their cameras (which is unavoidable from a physics perspective). If you want more default noise reduction for these files just increase the luminance noise reduction and increase the masking on the sharpening settings. Than simply create a preset or set it as the default for the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been using the 5D Mark IV and I'm in the process of switching to mirrorless. The R3 does not have this issue, but the R5 does. I'm using the latest version of Lightroom Classic as of 11-15-2023. I have had to turn the sharpness down to 75 and the radius down to 0.5. I have also added 5 of luminance noise reduction and 20 of color noise reduction. I only have to use these settings with the R5. This looks like an old post so has anyone found a solution to the problem other than what I have has to do? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines