• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Handling X-T3 RAW-files with Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6.14

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Fuji X-T3 and use Lightroom 6.14 (perpetual standalone version). Today I also subscribed to the Adobe Lightroom CC plan that includes Lightroom CC (not classic) and Lightroom Mobile.

My idea is to be able to import and edit RAW-files via my smartphone and have it synced with my Lightroom 6.14, so that I can edit on the go and have the changes applied to my catalogue at home.

In reality however, I can import the RAWs to Lightroom Mobile, edit and sync them, the files even appear in Lightroom 6.14, BUT it turns out, LR 6.14 can not read the X-T3's RAW.files.

So when importing via my laptop, I run the Adobe DNG-Converter (which reads the X-T3's Raw-files trouble-free) before importing into LR 6.14, so LR 6.14 can work with it.

On my mobile Android device this does not seem to be possible though ! There is currently no app for Android that could convert the X-T3's .RAF-files to DNG.

I tried to convert the RAWs to DNG in Lightroom Mobile and Lightroom CC (desktop) but both seem to lack this feature.

I also tried to convert them with LR 6.14's inbuild DNG converter after that files had been synced but that's also not possible since the files are unreadable to LR 6.14.

My last idea was to fetch the RAW's local copy that is saved by LR 6.14, convert it with the Adobe DNG-Converter and re-import it to 6.14, hoping that I could replace the RAF-files with the DNG-files and that it would sync back to Lightroom CC and mobile. As you could guess, it's not possible to replace the RAFs with the DNGs, have the edits applied and sync them. What happens is that they just get deleted on every device and I just have the new DNGs unedited, unsynced.

Does anybody have an idea how to make this work while keeping my LR 6.14 ?

Thank you in advance !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have noticed, there is no more Export wizard in this version of Lightroom. You can only export in Jpg, and the modify the resolution. I prefered the old version, classic lightroom.

Crazyshoot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the only option is to use the stand alone DNG converter. You should be able to convert a whole folder of RAF files in a single operation. I always use a separate source and destination folder. Then import into Lightroom 2.4.1 from the latter. Proxies should then be available on phone/tablet devices. Any edits you make should sync to the original DNGs in the cloud.

I think LR 6.14 is a different case. I’m not sure you can sync with that application as it is covered by a perpetual licence, not a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

thank you for your answer. Getting the files synced to my smartphone when importing via PC and using the Adobe DNG-Converter is fine.

The problem arises when I import the RAWs to LR Mobile using my android device.

I would have to either convert the files to DNG on my smartphone before importing, so DNG files get synced to my PC and LR 6.14 can work with them. I didnt find a way to convert Fuji RAWs to DNG on Android devices (neither third party converter nor Lightroom Mobile solution).

Or I would have to exchange (?)  the Fuji RAWs or convert them to DNG after they have been added to my catalogue and synced to my PC (f.e. with a Lightroom Mobile or Lightroom CC application). But I did not find a way to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS

You may be better with a subscription to the Photography Plan which includes Lightroom Classic. It comes with a lower storage limit but if you import everything into Classic and place the images you wish to sync into collections the storage requirement is reduced as only smart previews are sent to the cloud (originals remain in your folders) but these do integrate with the eco system and would be available on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, I would not have that problem if I just upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC, but I want to be able to edit my photos and use my catalogue without being on a subscribtion plan. I could cancel Lightroom Mobile and LR CC and still work with LR 6.14, having a functioning catalogue, being able to edit and still have all the photos available. But if I upgrade to LR Classic CC and built everything on that, once I cancel my subscription I just have an unusable catalogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines