Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard Disk locations

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys! A simple question: 

On lightroom cc when I import photos from my hard disk (to the cloud), I only see them by date and not as they were on my hard disk. I'll make you an example:

On my Hard disk there's the "Thailand" folder. When I import it to Lightroom, all the Thailand photos are not located in a folder called "Thailand" but I find them only sorting them by date.... All my SSD organization is useless or there's something I can do to fix this? Thank you!   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Lightroom (Cloud Based) does not have any relationship to disc based folders.

You would need to create the Album in the application first or there an option to create a new one on import 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Once you've sorted by date or other criteria, you can organize your photos in folders and albums. Here is a detailed article from Adobe on organizing your images: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/organize-photos.html  You can  also find in app tutorials by clicking the Help icon  in the upper right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (Cloud Based) does not have any relationship to disc based folders.

You would need to create the Album in the application first or there an option to create a new one on import 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've sorted by date or other criteria, you can organize your photos in folders and albums. Here is a detailed article from Adobe on organizing your images: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/organize-photos.html  You can  also find in app tutorials by clicking the Help icon  in the upper right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I'll check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines