Highlighted

heic

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When moving photos from "Photos" to LR on my Mac, LR imports most of them twice. First, a photo identical to what's on my phone and in my Photos app. Second, a photo much larger in physical size is imported also. Where did that bigger picture come from, and which one is the better one? I'd like to know why LR is keeping two formats for the same shot and why one is labeled "heic" while the other is labeled "s.heic". Neither of these seem to be any smaller than JPEGs?20191228-IMG_0628.jpg

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

heic

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When moving photos from "Photos" to LR on my Mac, LR imports most of them twice. First, a photo identical to what's on my phone and in my Photos app. Second, a photo much larger in physical size is imported also. Where did that bigger picture come from, and which one is the better one? I'd like to know why LR is keeping two formats for the same shot and why one is labeled "heic" while the other is labeled "s.heic". Neither of these seem to be any smaller than JPEGs?20191228-IMG_0628.jpg

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 28, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you importing the images?  Do you have any import presets activated?

You might want to post this question in the Lightroom Classic forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2019 0