• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help deleting multiple presets on LR

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hundreds of presets on Lightroom I’m trying to delete. I’ve figured out how to delete individual ones on mobile and my Mac, however I haven’t been able to find a way to delete multiple presets at a time like I should be able to and deleting one at a time is time consuming, not to mention it’s slowing LR down. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR Classic, right click a preset and choose Show in Finder/Explorer. You can then delete them.

In LR CC, I think you'll have to navigate to the folder manually. On Mac, they're in a Settings folder buried in the Library. In Finder, get to Library by holding down Option which makes the Go menu show Library. It's an equivalent location on Windows.

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 07.07.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this helpful comment! I was finally able to find the user presets folder, however It was empty. I think I’ve it set up wrong until now and I’m not sure what to do next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify that this is Lightroom CC, not classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I should update, sorry correct, my advice re CC:

• On Mac ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom CC/Develop Presets/
  • On Windows C:/Users/{you}/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Lightroom CC/Develop Presets/

Or at least, it was there - I am just wondering if they changed it again! Hold on....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here they are. They are inside the Lightroom Library.library file

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 07.28.21.png

This is normally in Pictures on both packages or you can find it through Local Storage in LRCC's Preferences. On Mac, Alt click the file and Show Package Contents. You'll then find your presets are unhelpfully named - like the two I've highlighted.

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 07.30.46.png

Sorry about my confusion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no need to apoligize, it was helpful! I was able to find all the files, but none of them were their proper name or label even though almost all of mine are named. Is this common and is there anything I could do? I am already i’ll accidentally presets I want to keep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it was helpful - I learnt plenty too.

I don't think there's an easy way around the problem you've got. Adobe have integrated the ACR / Real Lightroom / "Lightroom CC" presets, which seems a good thing, but they have done it in a way that is completely unfriendly for the user. In your position, I'd be tempted to be brave and delete stuff, but with everything backed up.

For any PC users finding this thread, find the Storage Location in Preferences and then go to that folder in Explorer. My presets are being saved to C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data\redacted\cr_settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows_users_yourname_appdata_local_adobe_lightroomcc_data_ cr settings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines