Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP- lightroom keeps defaulting settings

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LONG- but please read.

SO, I have been using LR CC for over a month now. I was able to upload my raw files cr2 to be exact, from my Canon T7. I was able to import and develop them with NO issue. NOW, the pasts two days wit the NEW and PREVIOUS version. however, when I go develop and or select a preset or just go to the sliders to adjust my settings, LR is automatcially adding settings oto my images.

I talked with an adobe tech for SIX hours yesterday and he didnt know what to do. So i sent him a link to watch a youtube video so i can show him what my issue is, since it was the exact same just worse, as the video i shared. (ILL SHARE THE LINK BELOW)

He acutally ended up going through my laptop and trying to do it himself on his side but still couldnt figure it out. so we ended up reinsalling the previous version because this new version doesnt have the option for "develop", then "set default settings". Well that version worked for about one editing session and now its back to doing that same crap. its basically turing my GOOD images GREEN! and i cant reset cause its taking the preset that i do want on there. i have tried to restart it, reset it, everything and its not helping.

please help me figure out why the heck my LR CC is editing my pictures. its messing up sessions that people paid me for so it is a huge issue.

sorry for all the errors.

"HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT DEVELOP SETTINGS IN LIGHTROOM by Anthony Morganti"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pcrMAJDU4o

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LR CC for over a month now

Problem with that statement is that it refers to dome very old software. Adobe no longer calls Lightroom using the letters CC

For on s computer we now have

Lightroom (current v3.3)

Lightroom Classic (current v9.3)

no CC

So, a request, please check for and post exact program name and version.

In Lightroom, click on Help, click on System Info, Note Program name, note version, post thst in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using lr classic 9.0 i went back to the old version and yet when i appply a preset  lr stilll edits my image ON TOP of my preset so terribly

also i still call it cc sorry lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably LrC v9.3,

Oh, and apparently the Adobe Tech needs some training, if the following is the issue, that Tech needs training.

The old pre v9.2 Develop Defaults are gone

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

https://lightroomkillertips.com/customizing-camera-raw-defaults-in-lightroom-classic/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i actutally am using the 9.0 version and it is still doiong it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to your video indicates that the video is unavailable. "IF" you are using Lightroom Classic 9.3, then I suggest you consider watching the following video on how to set your default settings. You worked for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCnR9qEqA4&t=15s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im actually using LR version 9.0 and its still doing it 

i got my default settings set on 0 fixes yes. but im still having issues bwcause when i try to add a user preset it wont stick to the image, because lr edits on top of my preset and turns allllll my imgaes GREEN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Presets can change a photo's profile and White Balance.

The discussions at these links suggest problems with both profile & WB for the Canon T7 (& others).

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/canon-eos-rebel-t7-1500d-2000d-camera-profile...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/eos2000d-raw-weird-tint-wb-in-lightroom/td-p/104127...

You may need to update the Presets to eliminate 'Treatment & Profile' and 'WB' from the Presets. To do this- Start with a Reset image, apply a Preset, [R-click] the Preset and [Update Preset to current settings], uncheck the Treatment & WB boxes.

I think I am correct in method! Worth trying anyway! It could be an answer to the problem (until Adobe gets it right)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines