Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help using Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - 

Trying to figure out my workflow with the whole creative cloud plan I just purchased for photography. I am trying to upload directly to lightroom web version from a camera card (RAW files), edit, convert and save (export) the edited and saved jpg files in the cloud, not my hard drive. Is this possible? Every time I exported, it tried to export back to my hard drive. I tried uploading to lightroom CC and all it did was store it on my hard drive although I dont know what file location the photos are being stored at. 

The whole purpose of me buying the plan was to alleviate the fact that my laptop was running out of space and I needed some place to store new pics directly from my camera (without storing on my laptop) and ultimately upload older photos from my laptop to the cloud. Now, I cant figure out how to correctly use the three lightroom products correctly, web, cc and classic. Also, when classic is running, it is syncing photos. What exactly is this sync doing , is it storing more photos on my hard drive? Reason I ask is I just launched classic and I got a message that my hard drive was FULL! Now I am stuck trying tofigure out what exactly happened. 

Please help, as I am clearly not using this product suite correctly or using it as intended. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the use case you suggest (not wanting to store photos on a hard drive) they I'd say it's best you don't use Classic, unless it has features you miss in the Cloud Based Lightroom.

The Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem (Desktop, Web, Mobile) stores photos in the Cloud. Lightroom Desktop has also the option to store locally and to set the local cache percentage, both in preferences, less cache, try setting it to 0% for example, will mean that accessed full res photos (for editing etc) will stay local for less time, being replaced with more recent ones.

If you have Classic and sync is turned on then everything in the Cloud downloads full res to the folder location set in Classic's Preferences. You can change this folder, so if you need to use Classic then I'd suggest attaching an external and pointing it to there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines