• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with something gone wrong with migration

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 28,000 photos in Classic using about 150 GB on disk. I started a migration from Classic to Lightroom day before yesterday. In doing this I did not have enough room on my Macbook Pro's internal SSD to make copies of all photos, so I added an external SSD with 500 GB free (newly erased and reformatted to current Mac OS), and set that as the site for the copies of my Classic photos to be placed en route to Lightroom.

I just checked after 48 hrs or a little less and the external SSD has 1.5 GB of space used, i.e., next to none of the 150GB of full size pictures are being moved to the external drive in 48 hours.

Thus I conclude that my "migration" has failed and I must do something different if I hope to actually get the pictures migrated from Classic to Lightroom.

Note #1: I already have "smart previews" in Lightoom of most of the pictures. Don't know if this has any effect on migration.

Question #1: How to I CANCEL the previous migration and start over, if this is most effective response to situation?

Question #2: Wouldn't it be easier just to copy/export the 28K of Classic files to the external HD and then IMPORT them from the external SSD into Lightroom online?

Please help here as I seem to have hit wall.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am not sure if this is related to your problem, but when I migrated to LR CC, I manually uploaded my folders.  The first two days was painfully slow.  I found out that whenever my PC goes to sleep, the uploads stopped.  I removed the energy saving configuration of the PC to stop it from sleeping.  Things started to move after that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines