• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden fee in Cancelling Lightroom monthly membership after 2 months of use

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up to use Lightroom for 2 months (A$30.00) and cancelled the membership. At the last step of the cancellation, it say

• You’ll be charged a A$71.45 cancellation fee (50% of your remaining annual contract).

During the monthly membership signup, there was no obvious warning that I'm entering an annual contract and the cancellation would cost this. Obviously, you guys have hidden T&C somewhere and tricking the customers thinking that they can use the software subscription as they want.

Is this how Adobe handles their clients? What sort of monthly subscription model charges the customer half of the yearly subscription fee? What sort of customer would think they are going into this locked contract instead of thinking they will pay for what they use?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i download this in windows 10 64bit can you help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scottk93295082  wrote

I signed up to use Lightroom for 2 months (A$30.00) and cancelled the membership. At the last step of the cancellation, it say

• You’ll be charged a A$71.45 cancellation fee (50% of your remaining annual contract).

During the monthly membership signup, there was no obvious warning that I'm entering an annual contract and the cancellation would cost this. Obviously, you guys have hidden T&C somewhere and tricking the customers thinking that they can use the software subscription as they want.

Is this how Adobe handles their clients? What sort of monthly subscription model charges the customer half of the yearly subscription fee? What sort of customer would think they are going into this locked contract instead of thinking they will pay for what they use?

This is a user-to-user forum. We are Lightroom users like you, not Adobe employees.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experienced the same problem except my hidden cancellation fee is $99!! Very unhappy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines