Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I backup and clear Lightroom cc images

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked hundreds of times but I havent managed to find the answer. I currently have around 1,000 images on Lightroom cc and my 20GB of cloud storage is full. As a result after using Lightroom for a while my PC start to run really slow!

What I want to know is, is there a way to backup and delete these photos (from Lightroom and the cloud),  in a way that if I ever want to recover these files, I can add them back to lightroom and it will remember how I edited it last time?

does that make sense? 

Thanks

Pete 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

It sounds like you have the Photography Plan. Are you only using Cloudy Lightroom (the one with the dog splash screen)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Yes I am on the photography plan using cloud Lightroom. Downloading the images now. If I re-upload one of the NEF Images to Lightroom, will it remember how I edited it etc?

Thanks

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may, Pete. Look in the folders which have downloaded and see if there are any xmp files. If so, yes, if not, no. However....

Why are you using Cloudy Lightroom? Are you not using Classic Lightroom? And what about Photoshop? I ask these questions because this Downloader tool is only intended to be a "lifeboat" - someone is ending a subscription and wants to download everything in the cloud. It's not a tool other people use much. For you it is part of a workaround that will soon become very boring.

If you are committed to Cloudy Lightroom as your main tool, you might be better off with the Lightroom Plan which gives 1tb of cloud space, and includes only Cloudy LR. But if you are mainly a Classic or Photoshop user, it's hard to understand why you would use Cloudy and this workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines