• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I delete custom profiles from Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been searching for an answer to this question but I can't find anything useful.

I added a demo pack of RNI Films 5 profiles and they now appear in the profiles list within Lightroom CC as seen in this screen shot:

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 11.19.59.png

How do I delete those RNI Films profiles from my Lightroom CC account?

I've tried right click but it just gives me the option to hide.

I've tried the Manage Profiles option but again I can only hide them.

I've tried deleting them from the following directory:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings/

There doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of them in Lightroom CC, does anyone know if this is possible or have Adobe overlooked this one?

The reason I want to delete them is because when I use Lightroom on my iPhone or iPad they are not hidden and there is no option to hide them even if i've selected to hide them in Lightroom CC on my MacBook.

Thanks
Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Have to tried right-clicking on the individual profiles? That should give you the option to delete them. When you delete the last one from a group, the group will be deleted too. Profiles are stored in the cloud, so there is no local folder to delete them from.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to tried right-clicking on the individual profiles? That should give you the option to delete them. When you delete the last one from a group, the group will be deleted too. Profiles are stored in the cloud, so there is no local folder to delete them from.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan!!

I feel stupid for not thinking to right click the individual profiles and this works. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click does not seem to be working on Mac OSX Catalina, Lighroom V 3.3 (as of 2020-06-26)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? Does right-click itself not work, or are you unable to delete a custom preset this way? Remember that you can only delete custom presets, not presets that came with Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click itself does not work, nothing happens.   

If I right click on the profile 'header' (Adobe Raw, Camera Matching, Profiles), right click works and shows either "Hide xxx" or "Reset Hidden profiles". But right click on any individual profile, nothing happens. 

I tried on a *custom* preset I had imported that I don't want anymore. 

Btw, I also tried on a Windows 10, same problem. nothing happens on right click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Right click on individual custom profile does not work.

From Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.1 (2021).

I wonder if anyone has figured this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to 'figure out'. You cannot delete .dcp profiles until Adobe makes this possible.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any luck figuring this out?  I am also using Mac OS Catalina and LR CC 3.3 but have not been able to delete custom created profiles.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I narrowed down the problem.  I have two "custom" profiles I added, same mechanism. 

- One of the profiles I downloaded from a 3rd party site

- The 2nd profile, I used an editor to take an Adobe built-in profile from the EOS-R, trying to 'fix it' so that it would work with my M6-MkII

The first profile, which I guess, is built properly, I can successfully right click on it to delete it. 

The second profile, I can't right click. 

I *think* the problem is the fact the 2nd profile is being identified by Lightroom as a 'built-in' profile, thus preventing its deletion....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out?  I create custom profiles for my Color Checker Passport but am unable to delete them once I am done with them.  Currently using LR CC 3.3 and Mac OS Catalina.  Any help on how to delete these custom profiles I created and added would be appreciated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a bug that custom camera profiles of the .dcp file format (camera profiles created by XRite ColorChecker Passport) are treated as default camera profiles and so they cannot be deleted. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my ColorChecker Passport profiles here. I'm not sure, but your profiles could be in the same place. You can always run a search on your drive for *.dcp to see where they are if you still can't find them.

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

All the other "built-in" ones seem to be here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera

* on a Windows system

* I would not recomment deleting the "built-in" system profiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the location that Lightroom Classic and Camera Raw use. The OP was talking about Lightroom desktop however. Lightroom desktop stores profiles in the cloud.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. Yes, I was referring to Classic. My mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, it's months later and it's still impossible to delete ColorChecker profiles from the cloud version of Lightroom. Does anyone have any news? Do the Lightroom devs even know this is an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly I don't think that this has a very high priority at Adobe.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How so? Camera-accurate color profiles are a rather important feature, will they just leave it buggy for years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, Lightroom desktop is aimed at a difference audience than Lightroom Classic, and I doubt there will be many people in that audience that create their own camera profiles. And secondly this is a minor bug anyway. The profiles aren't buggy, it's not that you can't use these kind of profiles. It's just that you can't delete a profile that you no longer need. That's not such a big deal (you can't delete the default profiles that you might never use either) and that is why I think it won't be high on the list of priorities.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that if you are using a color checker,  you might have hundreds of profiles over time, almost all of which can't be used again because conditions are different each time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting profiles from Lightroom CC involves working in CAMERA RAW. Go to the profiles there, right click on the one you want to delete and a "delete" will show up in the box.  Click delete and it's gone BUT, you must shut down Lightroom and restart it for the change to be reflected there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. That only applies to Lightroom Classic, not to Lightroom desktop. Lightroom desktop does not use these locally stored profiles, it saves its profiles in the cloud.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom CC on Win10 and my custom camera profiles are *.dcp files created with Xrite’s ColorChecker Camera Calibration app.  The default folder suggested by ColorChecker is, as mentioned by others:

Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

I override that destination folder and specify my desktop folder to save the *.dcp file.  From within Lightroom CC I import that *.dcp file, from my desktop, for my camera profiles.

From that point on, Lightroom CC stores a duplicate *.dcp file in the following folder.  This is the is the file that is linked to the custom profiles shown on the Lightroom CC workspace:

Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data\<2d…hex char…400>\cr_cameraprofiles

Delete the unwanted profiles from within this folder.

---- ---- ----

You can also determine the path to the files shown above by searching the entire drive for *.dcp files.  This should identify the paths to the desktop copy as well as the program used copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This removes the profiles from Lightroom on my PC, iPad and iPhone concurrently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to achieve the same but I use a Mac and I struggle to find where the profiles are stored in my Mac. My ultimate goal is to remove the profiles from my iPhone Lightroom mobile. So far it seems impossible but if your solution worked on a pc, I can't see why it wouldn't on a Mac. Any help to find the location of the profiles on my Mac would be much appreciated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines