Highlighted

How can I disable the tool tips pop-ups?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to get into the swing of using Lightroom CC (which pales in comparison to the Lightroom Classic, IMO). I keep finding solutions to most of the problems I have had, however this particular one has me stuck.

Anytime I hover over a feature for a moment, an animated tool tip pops up. The pop-ups get in the way of my editing and are very annoying as they don't go away for all too long. This is really slowing down my productivity and of zero use to me since I already know how to use the features. I cannot find any way to make them go away when they pop-up, let alone disable them all together. Every search online only brings up the solutions for Photoshop, which the option does not appear in Lightroom CC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated otherwise I will have to abandon Lightroom CC as these are just all too distracting.

Thanks in advanced!

Take care,

-Justin

The frequency and the hover time to trigger with which the animated tool tips appear get better with time. It should get less intrusive as you use the app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I disable the tool tips pop-ups?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to get into the swing of using Lightroom CC (which pales in comparison to the Lightroom Classic, IMO). I keep finding solutions to most of the problems I have had, however this particular one has me stuck.

Anytime I hover over a feature for a moment, an animated tool tip pops up. The pop-ups get in the way of my editing and are very annoying as they don't go away for all too long. This is really slowing down my productivity and of zero use to me since I already know how to use the features. I cannot find any way to make them go away when they pop-up, let alone disable them all together. Every search online only brings up the solutions for Photoshop, which the option does not appear in Lightroom CC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated otherwise I will have to abandon Lightroom CC as these are just all too distracting.

Thanks in advanced!

Take care,

-Justin

The frequency and the hover time to trigger with which the animated tool tips appear get better with time. It should get less intrusive as you use the app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, there is no option at this time to disable the tooltips. You can make a suggestion on the following website where the developers monitor much more closely.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim! Although that's not the answer I was hoping for, I appreciate the insight and advice.

Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, I've been using Lightroom, Photoshop and Premiere for 5 years now and it does not get any less annoying, we just develope a technique to keep the cursor moving and work faster than the pop-up. Honestly; it's a terrible feature. All we ask for is the option to disable it but Adobe is completely abscent on the matter 😄 Incredible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should not be marked as the correct answer. It is a useful answer but not "correct". As it is marked as correct it signals that the problem has been solved. It hasn't been solved. It is still unresolved I have wasted time with silly tool tips getting in my way. And now I have wasted time reading a post that purported to have solved my problem. And wasted even more time complaining about it  😂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines