• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I have low resolution photos in Portfolio?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I use LR classic and raw photos, create there some collections synchrone with LR cc. I now try to create a Portfolio website using the LR cc photos. I would like to limit those photos to 72 ppi.
How can I get that?

The Behance & Portfolio support team said me that the photos should be set to 72 ppi before importing to PF and send me to this community for further help.

In my process I never get an export specification screen in LR to change the photo settings.
Thanks for helping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what "process" are you following? It sounds like in Classic Lightroom you are syncing photos / collections, and if that is how you get the photos to Portfolio, they are 72 dpi. 

The support team seem to be assuming you upload the photos directly to Portfolio, after exporting from Classic. Their advice may be unnecessary in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I import my photos as raw (5860x3840px) in LR classic, select some in
collections, sync collections with LR cc and tell Fortfolio to add
pictures from LR cc. I never have a request to specify end resolution.

You say they are 72 pdi is that a limitation ruled by PF? I that case I
have no problem. Please confirm.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are JPEGs - therefore they are served at 72 ppi.

If I recall correctly, LRCC sends files at up to 2560 pixels longest side. Portfolio then generates smaller versions for grids or depending on the size of the visitor's screen. But they are JPEG, so 72 dpi, so there's no need to worry (and nothing you could do about it anyway!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John,

in that case I have no problem anymore.

kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines