• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I KEEP The Look Embedded Preview Gives Me In Ligthroom?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to keep the look of my image I see with Embedded Preview. The look that the Embedded Preview shows me is perfect. HOWEVER, when I go to edit the image in "Develop" or export the image, or do ANYTHING to it, the Embedded Preview goes away and the image I'm left with looks HORRIBLE. 

I am losing my mind trying to figure out how to just keep the look that I'm given via Embedded Preview. This is a work assignment and I'm behind schedule because the photos look like absolute garbage without Embedded Preview. 

Please, someone, anyone, help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are obviously working with raw images. Raw images have an embedded JPEG preview. The JPEG preview will have all the camera adjustments applied to it. That could include ANY in-camera settings or profiles. However, Lightroom cannot read those in-camera settings. That is why when new cameras are introduced users have to wait for support to be added for those new cameras. Each individual model must have support added for its "raw" data. When Lightroom opens a raw image it first displays the embedded JPEG preview until it generates a preview of the raw data without any of the in-camera settings. Now it's up to you to make the image look the way you want it to look. All the creativity is up to you.

In reality, the way to "keep" that embedded JPEG preview look would be to simply shoot JPEG images in the first place. Everyone seems to think that they must always shoot raw images when in reality in most instances it would be just as well to shoot a high quality JPEG image and be done with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines