Highlighted

How can I reorganise my LR pictures between the different HD of the "storage location for originals"?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of syncing online when I can have access to a descent internet connection, I mainly store my pictures (DNG only) locally in an external HD (lets call it HD1) which is now full. From what I understand from previous post here I now have to change the address of the "storage location for originals" to a new external HD (let's call it HD2) to save my new pictures locally. Is that correct?

If so, many questions arises to which I could not get any answer here yet so I try again :

1. When I need to access my older pictures offline will connecting HD1 to my computer make those pictures available even though the "storage location for originals" address is now different and correspond to HD2?

2. Can I reorganise my picture between HD1 and HD2 and move them around from one to the other?

3. If yes how can I do that?

4. If no, will I have to switch to Lightroom Classic if I want to be able to manage my pictures to have control over the HD location of my pictures ?

5. If I have to switch to Classic

a. how the hell can I transfer my LightroomCC pictures to Lightroom classic in an external HD ?

I tried using the sync with Lightroom option and in preferences/lightroom sync I set "specify location for Lightroom's synced images" to my external HD but classic keep saving those files on my Mac hd in Mobile Downloads.lrdata. What am doing wrong? Is this a bug?

b. How can I keep all the editing work done on them in LightroomCC during the transfer to LRClassic ?

I would really appreciate the help as I am completely stuck in my work because of this.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I reorganise my LR pictures between the different HD of the "storage location for originals"?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of syncing online when I can have access to a descent internet connection, I mainly store my pictures (DNG only) locally in an external HD (lets call it HD1) which is now full. From what I understand from previous post here I now have to change the address of the "storage location for originals" to a new external HD (let's call it HD2) to save my new pictures locally. Is that correct?

If so, many questions arises to which I could not get any answer here yet so I try again :

1. When I need to access my older pictures offline will connecting HD1 to my computer make those pictures available even though the "storage location for originals" address is now different and correspond to HD2?

2. Can I reorganise my picture between HD1 and HD2 and move them around from one to the other?

3. If yes how can I do that?

4. If no, will I have to switch to Lightroom Classic if I want to be able to manage my pictures to have control over the HD location of my pictures ?

a. how the hell can I transfer my LightroomCC pictures to Lightroom classic in an external HD ?

I tried using the sync with Lightroom option and in preferences/lightroom sync I set "specify location for Lightroom's synced images" to my external HD but classic keep saving those files on my Mac hd in Mobile Downloads.lrdata. What am doing wrong? Is this a bug?

b. How can I keep all the editing work done on them in LightroomCC during the transfer to LRClassic ?

I would really appreciate the help as I am completely stuck in my work because of this.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vvplem  wrote

If you want control over the location of your images, Lightroom Classic is a more suitable application, as well as offering many more and more powerful features than Lightroom CC.

Once files have downloaded into that Mobile Downloads.lrdata, you can move them where you want. Ideally you would have specified this location before syncing the Classic catalogue.

Editing work in LRCC will also be synced as originals download into LRClassic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
vvplem LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank a lot for the reply!

If I haven't specify this location before starting the sync (I have pause the sync specify the location and restarted the sync) how can I make it work? Is there a way to stat again? or any other way?

The work is synced in classic without the editing that was done on LRCC. Am I missing something?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines