Highlighted

How can I search by wildcard? Or by info in Metadata

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to locate and isolate all images that have a particular file name type.

Version 2.1.1 on the Mac

like this.

26112008(010).jpg which is a duplicate of MKLY1084.jpg

I can't find a way to do this.

Also, I have duplicates that the only difference is in one, it has "Robert Chalmers" in  the copyright field and in the duplicate it doesn't

This is very difficult to use.

Thanks

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I search by wildcard? Or by info in Metadata

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to locate and isolate all images that have a particular file name type.

Version 2.1.1 on the Mac

like this.

26112008(010).jpg which is a duplicate of MKLY1084.jpg

I can't find a way to do this.

Also, I have duplicates that the only difference is in one, it has "Robert Chalmers" in  the copyright field and in the duplicate it doesn't

This is very difficult to use.

Thanks

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first bit I don't really understand what you are trying to search for....you can search for a specific file-name or you can search for all files of the same file type (jpg, cr2, dng, etc.) but I'm not clear how that would help find a pair of duplicated images that have completely different filenames.

The second issue....I don't know that there currently is a way to search on the Copyright field.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, let me clear that up if I can Jim

I have a lot of files that have the (xxxx).jpg in their names. As it turns out they are all duplicates of files that have the original file name.

So really in short, I need to be able to search for all file names with a ")" in the name, or as in wildcard searches *(*).jpg

So I can remove them.

thanks

Robert

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines