Highlighted

how do I add watermarks on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to run Lightroom 4, no longer supported on my Mac, so purchased Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. Can't find anywhere how to add a watermark to my pictures, it was so easy in Lightroom 4 .... Help

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how do I add watermarks on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to run Lightroom 4, no longer supported on my Mac, so purchased Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. Can't find anywhere how to add a watermark to my pictures, it was so easy in Lightroom 4 .... Help

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watermarks are still possible using Lightroom Classic, which still utilizes a local catalog and stores images locally like Lightroom 4 did. However, the version of Lightroom you have installed is the new version that stores images in the cloud, and the desktop version does not have a watermark feature at this time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2020 1
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a watermark with the mobile version of Lightroom, but not the desktop version. I have to assume that means watermarks will eventually make their way into the Lightroom on a computer.

But, since you were using Lightroom 4, you probably should be using Lightroom Classic now. It is the same application as Lightroom 4 with a few upgrades. Lightroom Classic has the watermark feature that you are familiar with from Lightroom 4.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa,

Thanks, I will take it look at classic as it looks like that’s the one for me. Can’t believe they produce a product that doesn’t do a fundamental process like watermarks on the desktop version.

Thanks again

Frank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 0
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is missing a lot of features. It's still a relatively new application and over time it will get better. But there are other reasons to use Classic instead. Lightroom uploads your photos to a cloud. Classic does not. If you used Lightroom 4 before, Lightroom Classic will be essentially the same. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 0