Highlighted

How do I delete files from the cloud but not in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want the cloud.

Will deleting them in Lightroom cause me to lose the many hours of ratings and how do I retain the ratings across multiple devices??

Thanks,

TeeKay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want the cloud.

Will deleting them in Lightroom cause me to lose the many hours of ratings and how do I retain the ratings across multiple devices??

Thanks,

TeeKay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help > System Info. What's the first line?

If it's Lightroom CC, which is where you have posted, deleting the files in the cloud is deleting them in Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC is cloud-dependent - that's the whole idea of it. So if you don't want the cloud.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To finish John's thought. ... You need Lightroom Classic!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to work on my photos, as in ratings, mods etc. on multiple devices but do not want to keep my photos in the cloud.

They are on kept my Portable SSD, amd back-up drives. So I have it either attached to my Desktop PC or my Laptop as It is difficult to lug the desktop pc around when I am out and about on a shoot.

As I said I do not want the cloud and do not need to pay for space, especially when I need way more than 20 gig for my photos, I already have both on SSD and my own server based cloud.

The files are local so they have not been deleted locally as John indicated, but the nag about the 20gig being full is still there. I need to find out how to use the cloud for syncing settings, ratings etc etc but not store photos up there as I have already adjusted the file location to be local.

Is this possible in Lightroom classic Jao?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jao_vdL LATEST
Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is this possible in Lightroom classic Jao?

John already answered this. You can use classic to do what you want as it

is based around local storage and can run from external disks. Also even if

you use it to sync images it only syncs smart previews which do not count

against the 20 GB. Lightroom cc will not work as it always stores

everything in the cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in my heading for this post the first line is. Lightroom CC - then (version: 2.1.1 [ 20181211-1217-31970e4 ] (Dec 11 2018))

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2.1.1 is the wrong Lightroom. Anything added to it will send the originals to the cloud - that's the whole point of it.

You need to install Lightroom Classic 8.1 and enable syncing in the catalogue. Add photos to collections, and sync those collections. This puts "smart previews" in Adobe's cloud, which does not use any of your 20gb. You can then adjust them, add ratings, flags, titles and captions - note that keywords don't sync properly - on any device using Lightroom Mobile (the LRCC iOS or Android app) or on another computer using a Lightroom in a browser or even LRCC 2.1.1 which you can think of as LR Mobile on a laptop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines