• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I download pictures from my Nikon 7500 to Lightroom?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I download pictures from my Nikon 7500 to Lightroom? 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Lightroom Classic forum.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a very broad and general question. You would download pictures from your Nikon D7500 the same way you download pictures from ANY camera. You would use the import process. Have you imported pictures from any camera previously? Are you having difficulty downloading the pictures? What is the basis for your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For LR to directly read the NEF files, you need version 6.12 or greater. Otherwise you can use Nikon's software to convert the NEF files to TIF files or use Adobe's DNG converter.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Ideally you are using a card reader to transfer the files to your computer as the card readers are faster and less error prone.

You have basically two options:

1. Let LR copy the files from the card to your computer as it adds the file references to the catalog.

2. Copy the files from the card using your computer's file browser or third-party software and let LR import file files from your hard drive.

For more details, we need to know what steps you are taking and where the failure is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to 2 days ago I started Lightroom, plugged my Nikon 7500 into the usb and Lightroom saw the pictures and then I could import to lightroom. Worked perfect. Now I start Lightroom, plug in my camera and I get a large white box which is empty, I cancel that and I then get a dialog box stating could not start program with these letters in upper left corner NKVACQU.

I have updated Lightroom and I cheked to see that my camera is supported by Adobe and found it listed.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cancel that and I then get a dialog box stating could not start program with these letters in upper left corner NKVACQU.

Perhaps: https://www.registry-programs.com/process/list/nkvacqu.exe.html

See if a new version of Nikon Acquire (Part of Nikon View??) is available? That app might get involved with allowing a computer to communicate to a Nikon camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure the program dissappeared from my system. I clicked on the address you provided but my anti virus stated it was not trusted. Is it ok to go to that site?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using? What exact version of Lightroom are you using? Have you considered using a card reader? Have you tried using your operating system to download the images to a folder on your computer, and then import them from that folder to Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10. Lightroom version 3.1. I did use the system to copy pictures to desktop and then dragged that folder to Lightroom and got them in that way. It was jsut puzzling why it worked so well and then did not. I am trying to find out what the file name nkvacqu is. Cannot find on Nikon site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also what happens when you remove the SD/CF card from the camera and place it in your SD card reader and attempt the import

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens as when I plugged in computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find out what the file name nkvacqu is. Cannot find on Nikon site.

Apparently part of Nikon View. Perhaps now called ViewNX-i

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the new Lightroom 3.1 (cloud based) or the old Lightroom 3.1 (from 7–10 years ago)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know answer. I do know I can upload to cloud if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can upload to the cloud, you have the new Lightroom 3.1 which is not Lightroom Classic. You have posted in the wrong forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the viewnx-i program that was suggested below. I can now transfer and send them to any destination I choose. Thanks. I still do not understand what changed in Lightroom but am glad for all of the help.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the viewnx-i program that was suggested below. I can now transfer and send them to any destination I choose. Thanks. I still do not understand what changed in Lightroom but am glad for all of the help.

This odd little photo view apps from various camera mfg often involve CODECS and drivers that are needed by our OS to communicate to the cameras. Oddly they do not harp on that much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you stay with using Nikon View NX-i, make sure you keep the program updated. Bad things have been known to happen when old versions of Nikon Transfer touch NEF files from new cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines