• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get my picture back into Lightroom from Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this is in the wrong place (why is eveything called Lightroom???) but I believe it belongs here:

I was working in Lightroom and decided to edit something out in Photoshop. I went to "Edit in Phtoshop" and it opened my picture in Photoshop, where I took care of the edit. Then I did Ctrl +S to save it. Then I hit Ctrl +W to close out Photoshop. When I go back to Lightroom my edited photo is nowhere to be found. My understanding is that the photo in grid view should have a little "2" on it, representing that it is grouped with the Photoshop image, however that's not there. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is how it should work. What version of Lightroom are you using? Go to Help - System Info and note the version number.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried it with that version on my Mac, and it is working as expected. Make sure you use 'Save' in Photoshop, not 'Save as' (with a new file name).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines