• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I import a folder of photos (with subfolders) into LR?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between 2006 and 2009 I was using a Canon digital camera. For these years I have a folder for each year of the photos I took on my PC and in each of those folders are subfolders of the photos I took on a specific day. Is there a way I can import these folders as they are currently set up on my computer directly into LR and have them on LR exactly as they are set up on my computer so I have the main folder for each year and inside folders for each day? I would certainly appreciate some guidance on how I might do this. I have not been able to figure it out. Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic ? Once you let us know, I will move your post to the appropriate forum.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the online LR I do not think it is classic. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your post to the Lightroom forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (not Classic) stores images in the cloud. The cloud does not have physical folders, so the answer is that you can't automatically create a folder structure in Lightroom that matches the source folders. Think about a logical structure with albums, before you import anything.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic will enable you to import and arrange your images the way you want, but Lightroom will not. Lightroom arranges images by date and then enables you to group the images in albums. But you cannot create folders the way you can with Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom doesn't recognize the folder structure of your hard drive. If you care about keeping the images organized this way you should create Albums and import one folder at a time into each album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines