• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I manually adjust amount I can flatten the curve for dark areas?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Friends,

I am enjoying using the preset that comes with Lightroom called 'lift shadows', this takes the start of the dark info of the curves and raises it by about a centimeter on the graph. It creates that flat shadows look. I would like to be able to adjust the amount it raises the shadow lift. When you move the slider it just lifts the shadows up or down from the start point but I can't find a way to influence where the start point of the lift begins.

I would like to influence this start point as the 'lift shadows' preset sometimes lifts it too much and introduces to much noise in dark areas at higher ISO's. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Rich 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Select the 'Point Curve' (click on the white circle) and you can add as many points as you want to change the curve as you want.

ScreenShot327.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the 'Point Curve' (click on the white circle) and you can add as many points as you want to change the curve as you want.

ScreenShot327.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you WobertC, that worked great. I was on Lightroom 2019 and had to upgrade to 2020 and then could see this option. Now I can make a ISO adaptive flatten curve preset.

Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can adjust the starting point of the sliders in the parametric curve. You do that by moving the small triangles.

1 2021-02-20 18-25-56.jpg1 2021-02-20 18-26-09.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply Johan. I will play with the small triangles and get to know what influence they have. Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines