Highlighted

How do I put presets I have bought from a blogger, onto Lightroom for Mobile ?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

i have recently bought 3 presets from a blogger to use on the free Lightroom app. She told me to download them first to my desktop then transfer them to my mobile Using Dropbox. I think this appears to be done. With help from Dropbox support I have transferred them to my I phone storage and now appear to have downloaded them to Lightroom. Now I want to add them to my image screen so that I can change them into presets. I can’t work out how to do this. Can anybody help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I put presets I have bought from a blogger, onto Lightroom for Mobile ?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

i have recently bought 3 presets from a blogger to use on the free Lightroom app. She told me to download them first to my desktop then transfer them to my mobile Using Dropbox. I think this appears to be done. With help from Dropbox support I have transferred them to my I phone storage and now appear to have downloaded them to Lightroom. Now I want to add them to my image screen so that I can change them into presets. I can’t work out how to do this. Can anybody help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have downloaded an image (DNG) in Lightroom Mobile, that contained the preset settings. That's how it's usually done. All you have to do now is select that image and then create a new preset from the settings.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but the 3 presets are still in the original format straight from my phone storage . I have tried to add them ( like you would add a photo from your camera roll) but it doesn’t seem to let me . They appear as storage underneath the photos I want to add . This is the part I’m struggling to do at the moment. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jillg15120896  wrote

Thank you but the 3 presets are still in the original format straight from my phone storage . I have tried to add them ( like you would add a photo from your camera roll) but it doesn’t seem to let me .

That's not what you said initially. You said "With help from Dropbox support I have transferred them to my I phone storage and now appear to have downloaded them to Lightroom". If they are indeed just presets (.xmp files), then you can't load them directly onto your iPhone or iPad, you will have to use Lightroom CC on a desktop computer to do that. If they are images, then you have to copy them from Dropbox to your Camera Roll first. Lightroom CC can only import from the Camera Roll, not from the Dropbox app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Now I’m getting confused. Looking back at my original message I said ‘ she said to download them first to my desktop then transfer them to my mobile using Dropbox. I think this appears to be done’.

As I couldn’t send them directly from Dropbox on my mobile to Lightroom they suggested I put them in my phones storage, then send them to Lightroom. But I can find them still in Lightroom's storage to add but can’t. I am a beginner at this , I’m sorry .

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the presets are XMP files they need to be copied or dragged into the settings folder. However a subscription is required for full sync. If you are using only the free app they may not work. I’m not even sure an in-app purchase of premium features would suffice. A photography plan at $9.99 pm may be the best option for mobile & desktop usage.

Mac: ~ / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / Settings

Windows: C: \ ProgramData \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ Settings

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I’ll give it a try anyway. Where in in the settings folder do I drag them , or do I such drag them ? They were sold saying they could be used in the free section.

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon  wrote

If the presets are XMP files they need to be copied or dragged into the settings folder. However a subscription is required for full sync. If you are using only the free app they may not work. I’m not even sure an in-app purchase of premium features would suffice. A photography plan at $9.99 pm may be the best option for mobile & desktop usage.

Mac: ~ / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / Settings

Windows: C: \ ProgramData \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ Settings

I don't think this is true. Those are the folders for Lightroom Classic​, but Lightroom Classic does not sync presets to the cloud. Presets need to be imported into Lightroom CC and will then be uploaded and stored in the cloud (and so they become available in Lightroom CC for Mobile too).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jillg15120896  wrote

Hi,

Now I’m getting confused. Looking back at my original message I said ‘ she said to download them first to my desktop then transfer them to my mobile using Dropbox. I think this appears to be done’.

As I couldn’t send them directly from Dropbox on my mobile to Lightroom they suggested I put them in my phones storage, then send them to Lightroom. But I can find them still in Lightroom's storage to add but can’t.  I am a beginner  at this , I’m sorry .

Sent from my iPad

You still haven't told us what you received. Were these .XMP files, or were these images (.DNG)?

It sounds like these were DNG images (that is how presets for Mobile are often distributed), so then you have to do what I initially said: select the image, go to presets and create a new preset.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag individual xmp files or a zip folder containing xmp files into the Camera Raw >> Settings folder. Or keep them in the downloads folder. As Johan says you need to use LRCC on the desktop to import them from your chosen location in order for them to show up in mobile.

Have you tried to install LRCC (not LR Classic) on your computer from creative Cloud? You can download here.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In her explanatory video she describes them as DNG images .

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on one of the files in your dropbox folder and choose properties (Cmd+i on Mac). You should be able to see if the files are XMP or DNG. That will determine how they should be handled.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , thanks for that. I’ve checked on my desktop and it’s neither. It’s called an LRTEMPLATE file. But as I said the blogger refers to clicking on the DNG which appears alongside her other photos on LIghtroom. She has imported them there but I couldn’t do this so put them in a folder from my storage. Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRTEMPLATE files are the old format used in LR Classic. Once added to the user presets folder they get automatically converted to XMP when LR Classic is first launched.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell the blogger it's end of 2018, not early 2018... Ask to send the preset in the format currently used by Lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you, so you think that’s why I can’t get them to work . I’ll have to get back to her as you suggest.

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having Mobile lightroom version only. 

Recently bought lightroom room preset but unable to use it as no desktop or laptop available with me. 

Please suggest how can I use the preset in mobile. All ore .xmp file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible for you to use .XMP!

The only method available to you is to Import DNG photos that have a Preset applied, then 'Save' the edits as a Preset in your Device.

See the very first reply to the OP by Johan Elzenga.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not have a real computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes , I had to download the presets onto my computer first, but I wasn’t sure what to open them in or whether I should.

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines